vengeance minimal perc loops??

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

marcpk wrote:
AK wrote: im sure alot wont agree with me, but nobody express their feelings with dance music of any genre.
pffff... man, just take a listen to this and tell again what u mentioned above...

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=20549

and this is only one (!) small example for hundreds of thousands of pieces artists wrote to express their feelings...
What??? (-)

Read the posts again before you quote somebody out of context and incorrectly.

Did you tailor that post so it looked as though i wrote it? Pathetic!
marcpk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by marcpk »

AK wrote:
marcpk wrote:
AK wrote: im sure alot wont agree with me, but nobody express their feelings with dance music of any genre.
pffff... man, just take a listen to this and tell again what u mentioned above...

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=20549

and this is only one (!) small example for hundreds of thousands of pieces artists wrote to express their feelings...
What??? (-)

Read the posts again before you quote somebody out of context and incorrectly.

Did you tailor that post so it looked as though i wrote it? Pathetic!
ooooh man, i´m sorry for that, quoted wrong...
meant that stomper-guy who posted the original... :oops:
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

No wories, yeah I quoted what he said co's I didn't agree with it either but it wasn't me who said it. :)
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

never said it doesnt make you feel anything or that it is not exciting in any way. i only saying that the producer cant pass on His feeling when he wrote the track. you simply cant know if he was mad, sad, happy ect. im not saying its not ok, thats not the purpose of dance music.
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

Just as a little side note, Trentemoller clearly borrowed Vengeance samples for some of his dancefloor stuff - and not, imo, the other way round.

E.g. drum samples from "Rykketid" (released 2006) can be found on "Vengeance Essential Clubsound Vol.1" (released 2004.)
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

my question is : does it make a less greater track because of that?

Extrawelt did the same as many many others did before. I don't really see the point in this thread. Samples are as much instruments as a moog imo.
If it fits the track well, why not use them.
Is hip hop "bad" because it is sampled music ? Is dnb "bad" ?
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

most dnb is based around the amen break :-D
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Opuswerk wrote:my question is : does it make a less greater track because of that?

Samples are as much instruments as a moog imo.
If it fits the track well, why not use them.
Is hip hop "bad" because it is sampled music ? Is dnb "bad" ?
Different kettle of fish.

First off, I have no qualms about whatever anyone else uses, I just need to put limits on what I myself use and that's the only angle I am concerned with, but the comparison with DnB isn't relevant really or even Hip Hop.

DnB is a genre built around sampling old breakbeats. Also, DnB producers - ( the good ones ) do the most amazing things with their sampled breaks, it's part of the artistry within their production style. I totaly agree with you that sampling is a big part of modern music and all that sampling involves but I do not consider dragging pre-made commercial loops onto the arrange page to make a track, a form of sampling, because whichever way you look at it, it's just a jigsaw of other peoples music and you may as well be using Dance E-Jay or something.

I know a guy who makes Prog House and uses nothing but loops dragged out into Live from as many sample cd's as he can grab a hold of. Ask him to write his own bassline or play some chords / program some drums and he wouldn't have a clue, yet this guy 'thinks' he's making music. IMO he isn't, he's just arranging other peoples. It doesn't bother me what he does as I am a believer in 'each to their own' but I just don't see the point in that at least for the type of music I wish to make. If I was going to use a single loop, it would be something like a percussive thing and even then I'd have to 'own' it. By that I mean I'd have to chop it up and do a bit of work / alter it in some way so I felt I'd 'earned' the right to use it.

I don't think anyone ( well I don't think this ) thinks music is bad if it uses pre-made loops, my own personal perspective is that I couldn't care less what they use, it wouldn't alter my opinion on a track I liked if I discovered a loop off a sample cd that was in. I'd be pretty damn shallow to have that sort of mindset. No, the only angle I have on this is my own limitation and nothing else.

We all have our unique ideas and artistic goals, at the end of the day it's just personal and nobody has the right to argue against what you do or do not wish to use in your music. I have no right to say that using pre-made loops is bad, likewise you have no right to tell me that using pre-made loops is ok. I just hold my own opinion because of the boundaries I like to set for myself and if that means I do not wish to use pre-made loops, nobody else has any right to tell me otherwise.

That's why in this thread I have always expressed my view as a personal one and not a blanket statement across the board which applies to everyone. :)