vengeance minimal perc loops??

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Stomper wrote: nobody express their feelings with dance music of any genre.
That's just an insane statement and I don't know how or why you came to that conclusion. Why can't dance music ( of any genre ) be an expression of feeling?

Maybe you don't, can't or wont express yourself through music but that doesn't mean it's a blanket statement of fact for every person who writes dance based stuff. That's sacrilegious.

I already laid my thoughts on how I feel about pre-made loops and the like, that doesn't mean you should feel offended by how I think or indeed, how anybody else thinks. If loops are your thang, go for it, I really couldn't give a monkeys either way, what does concern me is my own preconceived ideas regarding artistic merit and artistic plagiarism, the latter of which is why I adhere to self imposed boundaries when it comes to any form of musical construct. We are all individuals and can make our own minds up whether we want to use something or not and nobody else should matter.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

some ppl use their music to express their feelings, some do it because they want to be a superstars and some just love to make music.
im sure alot wont agree with me, but nobody express their feelings with dance music of any genre
That's the biggest pile of rubbish I have ever read. Every single piece of music I have ever written is an expression of my feelings. You only have to read the track titles to know this is true, for many others.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

Stomper wrote: so by my point of view, you dont realy express yourself in your music. no one can feel what you feel.

(-) (-) (-) (-)
whaaaaaaat? thats sad.....

and sadly he's not alone on this...from what tops the beatport charts these days... :cry:

for me making music is a very essential way for me to process and convey abstract feelings...sure everyone listens in a different way but you have to try at least.
nicogrubert
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nicogrubert »

AK wrote:
Stomper wrote: nobody express their feelings with dance music of any genre.
That's just an insane statement and I don't know how or why you came to that conclusion. Why can't dance music ( of any genre ) be an expression of feeling?

Maybe you don't, can't or wont express yourself through music but that doesn't mean it's a blanket statement of fact for every person who writes dance based stuff. That's sacrilegious.

[...]
full agree! thanks for that!
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

Stomper wrote:but nobody express their feelings with dance music of any genre.
everyone uses loops? nobody expresses their feelings with dance music?

once again, where are you getting these statistics?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

revy wrote:
Stomper wrote: so by my point of view, you dont realy express yourself in your music. no one can feel what you feel.

(-) (-) (-) (-)
whaaaaaaat? thats sad.....

and sadly he's not alone on this...from what tops the beatport charts these days... :cry:

for me making music is a very essential way for me to process and convey abstract feelings...sure everyone listens in a different way but you have to try at least.
But this is irrelevent to the notion that dance music contains no form of emotional expression. If you are deliberately trying to impose your feelings on the listener through your music, whether they 'get it' or not has no bearing on the fact that you are making an expressive form of art.

Most music is like this, if there were any conscious intention by an artist writing a piece of music, it's not necessarily important for the listener to be in touch with that as like all forms of art, people take things from it that may or may not have been the artists intention. This is a totally separate thing altogether in my book.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Stomper wrote:
BTW, i think Trentemoller only uses the samples to make his patterns. not the loops.
That's not what I meant, it was the other way around. I heard those Vengeance cd's and immediately heard sounds that I had heard in some of Trentemollers earlier stuff, are you saying he made his music by using sounds from their sample cd?

I was saying his music was sampled for the cd, I said this because the sample cd didn't even exist when some of his music was released but also a lot of other music too, stuff from years back, it's impossible that all these guys used the same sample cd as they'd have to be time travellers, it didn't even exist.

It's a bit off topic to the loops thing but just an observation and a conclusion I came to which led me to wonder how they get to licence the stuff.
Castronova
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Castronova »

AK wrote:It's a bit off topic to the loops thing but just an observation and a conclusion I came to which led me to wonder how they get to licence the stuff.
I know what you're talking about, I've noticed it too. Sometimes you'll click on one of the one-shot samples and it's something really recognizable, like the kick from "Satisfaction" by Benny Benassi is in one of those packs. It's obvious they take them from intros and outros of songs rather than synthesized by Vengeance, because otherwise they wouldn't have hi-hats and reverb tails bleeding onto the kicks.