feiyr.com -- opinions?

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Adrian Kiliszek wrote:Check this label on dj download. It has more than 50 releases just in one day. Some people must using this and maybe its working.

Anyway in my opinion this is very bad for scene.
lol

I think either it's a hoax or/and in the long terms ppl will grow to ignore it.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

feyjr is a digital distributor just as you have many others like EPM or whatever. What's the big deal... yes, anyone can make an account there, and yes, you will get your music released on digital sites. But just as a direct account, if your music doesn't sell, it'll be cancelled by the stores just as quickly.
We have direct accounts with Beatport, Junodownload and Djdownload, and with Feiyr for all the other sites. It's main advantage is that you can choose which stores you want to release on, so we just leave out those three and let them post our stuff on other sites. Sure is much easier then having to enter all info on every friggin' site ourselves, then upload the wav 200 times :) Besides, it's hardly worth the effort so with feyjr we still can upload it to them one time and still get a little bit of money out of the sum of all. And then people can't nag that our music isn't available on this or that site :)

Feyjr is the digital arm of vinyl-distribution.com btw, those guys that sell vinyl at bottom prices. So nothing shady about them, just hardcore capitalists :lol:
Dle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dle »

PsyTox wrote:feyjr is a digital distributor just as you have many others like EPM or whatever. What's the big deal... yes, anyone can make an account there, and yes, you will get your music released on digital sites. But just as a direct account, if your music doesn't sell, it'll be cancelled by the stores just as quickly.
We have direct accounts with Beatport, Junodownload and Djdownload, and with Feiyr for all the other sites. It's main advantage is that you can choose which stores you want to release on, so we just leave out those three and let them post our stuff on other sites. Sure is much easier then having to enter all info on every friggin' site ourselves, then upload the wav 200 times :) Besides, it's hardly worth the effort so with feyjr we still can upload it to them one time and still get a little bit of money out of the sum of all. And then people can't nag that our music isn't available on this or that site :)

Feyjr is the digital arm of vinyl-distribution.com btw, those guys that sell vinyl at bottom prices. So nothing shady about them, just hardcore capitalists :lol:
But if someone uploads a track to them, is there a 100% chance that they will spread it across all major digital music stores?
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

that looks great, but i dont like attaching my banking information, but im gonna check some of the references they list and see whats up
signatures suck
ArhiteK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ArhiteK »

Are there any other label owners ho had some experiences with Feyr?
ohmyrat
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ohmyrat »

I don't know, it doesn't see very reliable .. will expect more opinions
yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yacek »

Adrian Kiliszek wrote:Anyway in my opinion this is very bad for scene.
yup! +1.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

mlexicon wrote:that looks great, but i dont like attaching my banking information, but im gonna check some of the references they list and see whats up
they pay out through paypal, so no worries about your details and such. More over, they also do compilations from time to time with tracks from labels and artists that are connected to them, and get a lot of marketing and support behind that. And you receive just the same amount of money as if you would sell it yourself through their distribution. Which is always a nice bonus for a small label...