Faderfox Controllers

- ask away
Eloquent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Faderfox Controllers

Post by Eloquent »

Hey Guys ,

Does anyone have experience with Faderfox Controllers? And if yes can anyone appreciate one for using with traktor/ableton.. , there are specific controllers designed for ableton/traktor but maybe there are other controllers fitting better.

www.faderfox.com
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

they are nice if you are going to get a few...

but personally i am not a fan of having to switch through banks of faders and etc. They are just to small. If you don't mind that or are use to it, they are nice and sturdy and petite.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Faderfox Controllers

Post by hydrogen »

Eloquent wrote:Hey Guys ,

Does anyone have experience with Faderfox Controllers? And if yes can anyone appreciate one for using with traktor/ableton.. , there are specific controllers designed for ableton/traktor but maybe there are other controllers fitting better.

www.faderfox.com
i have one the LX1. I love the size. its amazing. however, it will probably never get the other models. I've seen them in person, but the faders and knobs have all the same problems your standard midi controllers have. The pots all feel shitty and not like a real dj mixer. So unless your looking for something superportable and midi then i'd get a uc33 or a behringer controller. Which are cheap and easily replaceable.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Eloquent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Eloquent »

ok thanks for your advice so far :)

i just feel that the m-audio one is a bit big in size for dj-ing isnt it?

what about the function of the faderfox ones? is it quite massive or not that good compared prize/function

cheers
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

each faderfox module is about 1/3 size of the UC33. I'd argue to say the the uc33 is actually more portable
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Eloquent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Eloquent »

thanks hydro ;) , i ll probably will choose the uc33e then
wesen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wesen »

If you are using ableton live, I'd say the faderfox controllers are the shiz, almost every function is mapped in a pretty intuitive way. I really like the form factor as well, especially the joystick and the encoders are very very nice.
ao
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ao »

Because you need to move around in pages, I find them better for studio use than live use. Pretty powerful, though, function-wise, and I find the build quality pretty good.