Moving to Berlin, looking for gigs or work!

- ask away
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

clubfoot wrote:I actually live in the real Bohemia - in the capital city called Prague. cheap rent / 4 hours from berlin / best beer in the world / no smoking ban

strangely devoid of any real creative scene. there is art but no scene. the dance music scene here generally reflects the dj charts on beatport - if you're lucky. this depressed me at first but in the end this is good because it means I feel quite isolated and different in the music I make and support. when I play live it's like something from another planet for some people. the communist grey surroundings make for good techno inspiration also. I quite like being in a place where it's easy to be individual.

so folks, remember there are other cities in central europe - that could be easier to survive in than Berlin.

Good luck with your move by the way. Where are you moving from?
Some nice point about Prague :!: Would love to visit one day.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Atheory wrote:
tintin2085 wrote: Personnally it's maybe better to make your own partys, the risk is bigger but you can win more money :lol:
ha! making money from putting on gigs. thats the funniest thing i ever heard.
come on bro some people do make money from promoting.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

everybody move to wales, cheapest part of the UK, good music, mountains, fresh air, cool creative people, very little crime,
best techno and house scene in europe !!!!!!!
lots of sheep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

Never heard of a dj paying in order to play here...
There are many artists, but there are also many partys you can play at. You just need to get into the scene, get to know some guys that know other guys ;)
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

sorry to say that but here in berlin are so many shitty djs, but they do well because they know people who know people. makes me sick
:regi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by :regi »

laza wrote:sorry to say that but here in berlin are so many shitty djs, but they do well because they know people who know people. makes me sick
everywhere happens this..if you watch the slice's dvd with richie hawtin, he says that he had to be a promoter to play his first time :|
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

laza wrote:sorry to say that but here in berlin are so many shitty djs, but they do well because they know people who know people. makes me sick
Can you name some?
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

steevio wrote:
Atheory wrote:
tintin2085 wrote: Personnally it's maybe better to make your own partys, the risk is bigger but you can win more money :lol:
ha! making money from putting on gigs. thats the funniest thing i ever heard.
come on bro some people do make money from promoting.
yo, yeah i know, i just never have really. theres not alot of money in it though if you wanna get good acts, and its just too tempting to spend what would have been your profit on another good acts to make it a much better night,