Problems with Ableton Live

- ask away
viva hate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Problems with Ableton Live

Post by viva hate »

Hello,

I just posted this at the Ableton forum but I know a lot (most?) of you guys use Ableton so perhaps you can help me. I'm kind of in a rush.

When I load one of my songs it says that "Samples are missing. Please click here to learn more".
Nothing happens when I click there. Usually I get to this "sample manager" menu but not this time.

The same goes for clicking"File" and then "Manage Files...". No response at all.
What could be the problem, and how do I solve this?

I downloaded version 7.09 today but I also had that problem with version 7.07

I'm on a PC running WinXP. Haven't tried to open the song on my MacBook because I haven't got the same plugins on that machine.

Thank you!
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

no problems here, although we noticed today you have to click far left on the "click here" message for the panel to open.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

same thing happened to me when i upgraded to the latest version. i am also running a purchased version ( the whole damn box set), and to this day i havent figured out why it glitched like that.

i just ignore it, as it doesnt really do anything but keep the bottom part highlighted. I've become used to it!

im trashing my PC and rebuilding it so hopefully when all is reinstalled, that problem will vanish.

no one else had this issue?
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

it happens sometimes to me too. in general i have to map the samples manually via windows explorer (drag & drop to live). once you have mapped one the interface asks if he should look for the other samples in the same location: say yes and you should be done.
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

heard somewhere that you should install the new version.... delete the old one... delete the new one. and then install the new one again.

read it somewhere on the abes forum, dunno if it helps you though.
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

staffan linzatti wrote:heard somewhere that you should install the new version.... delete the old one... delete the new one. and then install the new one again.

hmm, i'll have a go at it, and see what happens.

thanks mr kissable ;) ha!
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

Zsa Zsa wrote:
staffan linzatti wrote:heard somewhere that you should install the new version.... delete the old one... delete the new one. and then install the new one again.

hmm, i'll have a go at it, and see what happens.

thanks mr kissable ;) ha!
hehe, should we write a movie treatment about the story?
I heard the females of the world hated sex and the city the movie and was looking for something more fashionable to watch..hmmmm.
and now there´s a contract on my head.

we could make a fortune

keep the vault locked miss!
viva hate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by viva hate »

Ah, cool. I have four different Ableton's installed. Will delete them all and just install the lastest version. Hope this helps and thank you, Staffan!