Soundcard and Monitor speakers

- ask away
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Soundcard and Monitor speakers

Post by jspr »

I'm looking for a good soundcard for my iMac to record vinyls for Final Scratch.

So far i found some M-Audio products:

Firewire Solo

( http://m-audio.com/products/en_us/FireW ... -main.html )

Personally I think the Firewire Solo is a good soundcard for recording vinyls and it cost €219. Final Scratch has a soundcard, but I want to record vinyls in Peak so I can edit them on my iMac.

Firewire 410:
( http://m-audio.com/products/en_us/FireWire410-main.html )

The Firewire 410 has more functions, but I don’t make music, I only edit tracks with Peak4.0 and it costs €315.

I also want to buy some small decent desktop monitor speakers to hear what I’m recording. I’m thinking of buying for the €100 that I “save” on the Firewire 410 on some M-Audio DX4 desktop monitor speakers.

( http://m-audio.com/products/en_us/DX4-main.html )

I don't need super quality studio monitor speakers, just good enough for listenng music and editing music with a good sound.

Who can help me out, or has better sollutions?
Last edited by jspr on Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I just got those speakers, actually. For normal listening purposes, they're really good. I'd say they're better than any computer speaker out there. If you were doing something a little more demanding like mastering, I'd say spend a little more money.
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

brianc wrote:I just got those speakers, actually. For normal listening purposes, they're really good. I'd say they're better than any computer speaker out there. If you were doing something a little more demanding like mastering, I'd say spend a little more money.
But for just listening to music and editing music they are ok?
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

kiwi wrote:
brianc wrote:I just got those speakers, actually. For normal listening purposes, they're really good. I'd say they're better than any computer speaker out there. If you were doing something a little more demanding like mastering, I'd say spend a little more money.
I definitely think so. That's all I do with them, and I'm pretty happy.
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

brianc wrote:
kiwi wrote:
I definitely think so. That's all I do with them, and I'm pretty happy.
Cool!

I have for mixing 2 Behringer B2031A monitor speakers. Very cheap and very good for the money!
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

If you have few euros more i can recommend Alesis M1 Active MkII

Here in croatia this speakers cost smth like 400€, but i think that you can find them cheaper then here. Its a really great nearfield active monitor. Soundcard that you want to buy are ok, actualy i want to buy firewire 410, but if you dont need it for production, firewire solo is a great choice.
multum in parvo
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

I made my chioce thuesday, and today I got the equipment by mail.

Coooool 8)

BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BobStock »

I already see your apple on msn! But this :P ! looks really nice!Im a bit jealouse 8)