Producer chicks

- ask away
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Producer chicks

Post by victorgonzales »

How come there aren't very many girls producing dance music? I know there are plenty but theres fifty times as many guys doing it.

I figure girls are just not down for learning the software or hardware since they are more about the passion side of music rather than the technical side.

There are plenty of chicks in other types of music though so why not ours?
Bareknuckle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bareknuckle »

There are quite a few in the jungle/dnb scene, quite a few in the techno scene too come to think of it :P Might just be with all the dudes they get lost in the mess?
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

They want to sing and dance.
They want to be Britney Spears :lol:
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I know theres a few but theres gotta be 30 men for every woman.

I bet it has something to do with alot of womens self esteem issues. All the chicks I have ever known that start a hobby ussually give up after a short time with the excuse that they just can't do it.
Last edited by victorgonzales on Wed May 07, 2008 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bareknuckle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bareknuckle »

victorgonzales wrote:I know theres a few but theres gotta be 30 men for every woman.
maybe 10 to 1.... I'd believe that more than 30:1 :P
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

another question. Maybe it depends on where you live?

Theres alot of people from many countries here. Is it the same ratio everywhere?
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

one of my good friends is a girl and has produced all sorts of beats from hiphop for deltron to banging minimal. I dunno, they are a dime a dozen though.

Somehow though I have found the girls that do produce bring a fresh perspective to the sound. Most at least...
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

livecollective wrote:one of my good friends is a girl and has produced all sorts of beats from hiphop for deltron to banging minimal. I dunno, they are a dime a dozen though.

Somehow though I have found the girls that do produce bring a fresh perspective to the sound. Most at least...
Yeah I know. Considering all the emotion chicks have in em youd think moreof them would be producing in the dance music scene.