Producer chicks

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

royen wrote:PsyTox: It's sexist because you make broad generalizations based on a persons sex rather than their individual achievements. In fact, that's also a decent definition of the term 'sexism'.
well, I just know what I experience mate, I've been managing teams of people for over ten years now and it's simply always the same thing that comes up.
People might want to believe that the world is so politically correct, but people just don't seem to want to grasp that we're just animals. And just like male and female animals each have their own characteristics, so do we. If that's sexist, so be it.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

PsyTox wrote:
royen wrote:PsyTox: It's sexist because you make broad generalizations based on a persons sex rather than their individual achievements. In fact, that's also a decent definition of the term 'sexism'.
well, I just know what I experience mate, I've been managing teams of people for over ten years now and it's simply always the same thing that comes up.
People might want to believe that the world is so politically correct, but people just don't seem to want to grasp that we're just animals. And just like male and female animals each have their own characteristics, so do we. If that's sexist, so be it.
Its not sexist duuuude, its FACT!!!! I actually find it a bit creepy that people thing were all psychological hermaphrodites when were born?!!!

I work in the construction industry, running BIG accounts, and i find men to be able to make important commercial decisions far quicker than women (in general), most women think too much about simple things...

However, this actually has its advantages in accommodating the unforeseen, so its good to have a mix of genders...

And of course its nice to have a bit of eye candy to cheer you up on a monday morning :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think steevios right about womens sexuality actually being driven by testosterone, i think the estrogen gives them a bit more of a caring disposition...
Castronova
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Castronova »

There are major differences in men and women besides just estrogen and testosterone levels. For example, women have more corpus collosum than men, which is the tissue connecting the right and left sides of the brain, meaning they can use more of their brain simultaneously. Women have more grey matter and men have more white matter in their brain. Both of these are reasons why women are thought to be better multi-taskers while men focus on a specific challenge or task more, because these sections of the brain contribute to it. I think something like dance music -- although at times emotional -- is highly mathematic, and that's why men tend to take it up more than women. Don't gasp, call me sexist, or point to some friend of yours who proves me wrong... I didn't say, "women can't make music or do math" or "men can't do two things simultaneously."

Men and women's brains are naturally different. The root of the debate here is obviously "what's more powerful - nature or nurture?" Of course it's more politically correct to blame ourselves and our parents by saying, "men and women are the way they are because that's how they were raised." Sure that's a factor, but nobody seems to want to admit that people can actually be born differently, either for better, worse, or just plain difference. So what? Political correctness is a cave in itself. I think the theory of intelligent design spawned out of that cave as well...

I do think it's a good thing that nowadays boys and girls are being raised to have more equal opportunities and interests. 40 years ago, my Mom wouldn't have been allowed to learn guitar when she was a girl, and she wasn't even allowed to go to college, because according to her Father "that stuff is for men". We don't see that thinking so much anymore, so men and women are suddenly able to cross over into sexist territories that have been established for hundreds or thousands of years, and that's great. "Nurture" is finally beating "nature", but don't plug your ears and pretend there is no difference in human nature between men and women.

Although what the people said at the beginning of this topic was pretty alarming... I'm not agreeing with what they said, just making my own point.
Castronova
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Castronova »

Interesting article from American Scientific magazine, April 2005:

"His Brain, Her Brain"
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

I sometimes to a back to back dj set with Arcana (female dj & hottie :lol: ) and there's something to be said about the difference. It works really well because I tend to look for a much harder approach while she brings a lot more feeling and soul in the set.
plastik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by plastik »

ellen alien kicks ass, dude. FACT!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Castronova
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Castronova »

plastik wrote:ellen alien kicks ass, dude. FACT!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
True.

I always try to explain music production to my girlfriend, and to my last roommates (who were male and female). I don't know why it always seems harder for girls to grasp. For guys, there's a moment where it clicks and they understand the concept and application, and they instantly start doing it. Like they don't even want me to explain anymore, they just want to grab the computer and start right there.
For girls, sometimes they can understand the concept I'm teaching them, and even repeat it back to me, but then I say, "ok, now do it," and they don't know where to begin... even though they know, they're just more timid about actually doing it.

I've taught guys and girls how to DJ too. With guys I sometimes have to say, "whoa, slow down... be careful with that record." With girls, it's always, "don't be afraid to touch the record."
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »