- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

mrgreynoise

I would recommend you do a live pa.

Back to the topic.

I'm not really a fan of Buttrich's productions with or without dice or timo. sure it's well produced music but i'm just not feeling it.

That Dooms Night was good even though it got played to death.
tdmusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tdmusic »

tone-def wrote:I saw this as the 1st sign of this music going commercial. i remember a lot of the big progressive house dj's did the same thing. Sasha got Junkie XL and some other guy to do his album and i think Steve Lawler had someone do his tracks.

it is a shame mp3's from beatport don't have credits.
Sasha's other co-producer for Airdrawndagger was Barry Jamieson from Evolution, if I remember correctly.

Loco Dice is in this months DJ mag, he talks about working with Martin Buttrich and says it's very much a 50/50 thing... so yeah it does seem slightly "off" that the albums/tracks are credited to Loco Dice, but I'm sure they've sorted it all out satisfactorily.

I seem to remember reading something about Tiesto's co-producer/shadow producer getting pissed though... the guy who did his earlier stuff (Delerium remix, Flight 643, his first album) - i.e. when it was quite good (if you like that kind of thing, which I did) - this guy then fucked off, hence the sudden change in Tiesto's sound (making it sound far more amateur and.. crap IMO :))
plastik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by plastik »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Buttrich gets production fees / royalties...

Dice gets gigs, promotions...

We get ace music...

Its a 'win, win, win' situation
god, can I get buttrich to produce my stuff too? :wink: :wink:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

plastik wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Buttrich gets production fees / royalties...

Dice gets gigs, promotions...

We get ace music...

Its a 'win, win, win' situation
god, can I get buttrich to produce my stuff too? :wink: :wink:
if you believe in yourself man, you can do anything... lol
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I know plenty of people that don't produce and rely on other people to do it for them. Some people just have good ideas, but struggle when it come to the technical side of things so need a little bit of extra help.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

wtf wrote: who are you talking about? seriously, are these secrets or can you tell us some names?!?! Just out of curiosity. I mean, we all know about Sven Vath's productions all being "team efforts", but who else? I mean underground producers who made their names more or less as "producers"? I am not really surprised to hear someone say something like this, but I've been collecting records a long time and the techno producers who I've heard this stuff about I could count on one hand. I sort of don't believe you that it is so widespread, but I would love to hear about any cases from the distant or recent past. has anyone else heard of any cases of this? I actually don't have anything against the practice at all, but you are right to say that my outlook on this scene would change a little bit if I found out some of the things you are saying are true.
Why would i out somebody on here just to make a point when i don't necessarily disagree with the practice. It makes no difference to me who made what, as long as the record is hott i'll buy it. The stuff i find offensive is people that outright steal a track without paying the artist and put it out under their own name (which has happened BTW). As long as somebody is given their due they should be allowed to do what they like. It's the public that can't wrap their minds around it. If paying Buttrich is what it took for some good music to be released than i'm totally ok with it. It's peoples worship of names and faces over the music that causes this kind of practice not the artists. Get used to it because it will never stop. If you listen closely you will always be able to hear it though if you really want to know.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=910

an interview with Martin Buttrich on RA.. some of you might find it interesting
loki
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loki »

Personally, I find it fundamentally dishonest, whether in music or any other art when one person is taking credit for the work of others.

In the art world for example, Damien Hirst is actually more like a business than an artist and has many people producing works for him which he then sells for enormous profit.

To me its just a con game, and I feel like its a form of prostitution, lowering yourself, hawking your fake "brand" selling your honesty and self respect for cash.

Of course everyone is entitled to do it however they choose, but I think that there is more to life than money, in my mind, integrity is far more valuable in the long run.
I don't believe anything