Korg Electribe EMX-1

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

eryx666 wrote:the sound quality isn't impressing . some time ago i own the red one, it was very easy and funny. but recording quality sound was almost impossible because of noise comes from electribe itself. you can easy hear it when you turn the volume knob over 50%....

and that "tube amp" only distort digital signal, it cant transform it into an analog sound.

if you have some spare money go ahead, if not think twice
Did you check it on other systems?
could be bad or cheap cables or bad pre-amps.
might be the korg too, just a little weired that korg will sell a product with such a bad amplifire.
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

yeah i.ve checked it on the other system, btw few weeks later i found a mag with review of sx-1 and they noticed the same thing, that annoying hiss. maybe it's only on red one...

it can be easily remove with hiss remover, or some hp filter, but that's not the way i want it. finally i sold it.

but, like i wrote, if you have some spare money and it's not expensive go for it. nice piece of gear after all :)
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

I guess Korg just arent what they use to be Image
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Stomper wrote:I guess Korg just arent what they use to be Image
I only have a slight hiss. Machinedrums have the same problem.
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

dunno for sure, but maybe some part, maybe first one of sx-1 have that problem, but it was a annoying sh!t for me.

MD have it as well but it's a way quieter than the korg one.
m jaco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by m jaco »

ehh I had one, and sold it for sound quality purposes..
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Well I never got it cause the shop didnt have it in. I really do like the sound of it though, more for the synthesis side. Its got a really nice detroit sound too it which i love. Can anyone reccomend any other synths Hardware/Software that are similier in sound?
Bareknuckle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bareknuckle »

I used to have one of these, twice. It's a fun little box and does what it can do pretty well. The effects chain is pretty limited but works out ok once you get used to it. The synth is quite nice for what it is, has a good variety of wave tables which make things interesting. The percussion side is pretty well covered as well. Definately not the be all end all for sure but if you need something to play with it makes a good single universal instrument or as a good side bit. I personally never had any issues with noise or anything in the 2 boxes I had, well 3 boxes if you count I had to return one due to a couple knobs acting up on one. If your in the market for a good synth go get a good synth and not this, same goes for a percussion machine. If your looking for bang for the buck and trying to get a filler piece or a single piece of hardware to play around on then this is really a great choice.