Laptop recommendations for producing/djing

- ask away
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

they have max/msp for pc, and i run windows on a mac, via a partitioned hard-drive... i choose which hd to boot from at start up.
ArhiteK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ArhiteK »

livecollective wrote:
ArhiteK wrote:U can use Windows on Apple notebooks, but it is really stupid thing to do. Simplicity, stability and elegance of OSX just helps You troughout You workflow.
What you are saying is pretty retarded.

elegance of osx? you mean it was made to look pretty? or that you get those big fancy buttons? or that it doesnt give you any information when it fucks up? Lack of custimization options makes osx feel like its made for little kids. "HERE IS A BIG BLUE BUTTON..MMMMM JUST PRESS IT CAUSE ITS YOUR ONLY OPTION"

stability? I had more crashes from ableton, and more compatiblity problems with osx than I have ever had with tiny xp.

Simplicity? I guess if you are a simple person, i want to be able to get into my computer and really fck with it, customize certain aspects that are next to impossible to do with osx...

i have run both for years, and i would only run osx for logic...but i'll always have a windows mac.

but to each their own, osx just feels like a playskool toy to me.
fck man, I was using PC for 15 years, and now I'm using MAC for 3 years. And I am reaaaaly enjoying it. I can understand You fucking it up if U need to digg in it. And it is OK.

If You look at scene, You can find as many people using OSXs (maybe even more) as guys driving Windows. And You want to say that all the OSX lovers are simple as me? Or stupid? Or just not "arty" enough?

Grab Your wheel and drive your car man, and share Your experience. I accept that for some using windows on mac is not stupid... It was my opinion.

Remember, I'm not against windows, i just love mac.
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

Sice you just bought the macbook pro, don't buy a motu ultalite or REM fireface you'll only have problems

research is the key

apple is not always the answer
theory
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theory »

mac -plug and play
windows-plug and pray

lol
play minimal-live maximal

www.myspace.com/rewrited
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

ArhiteK wrote:
livecollective wrote:
ArhiteK wrote:U can use Windows on Apple notebooks, but it is really stupid thing to do. Simplicity, stability and elegance of OSX just helps You troughout You workflow.
What you are saying is pretty retarded.

elegance of osx? you mean it was made to look pretty? or that you get those big fancy buttons? or that it doesnt give you any information when it fucks up? Lack of custimization options makes osx feel like its made for little kids. "HERE IS A BIG BLUE BUTTON..MMMMM JUST PRESS IT CAUSE ITS YOUR ONLY OPTION"

stability? I had more crashes from ableton, and more compatiblity problems with osx than I have ever had with tiny xp.

Simplicity? I guess if you are a simple person, i want to be able to get into my computer and really fck with it, customize certain aspects that are next to impossible to do with osx...

i have run both for years, and i would only run osx for logic...but i'll always have a windows mac.

but to each their own, osx just feels like a playskool toy to me.
fck man, I was using PC for 15 years, and now I'm using MAC for 3 years. And I am reaaaaly enjoying it. I can understand You fucking it up if U need to digg in it. And it is OK.

If You look at scene, You can find as many people using OSXs (maybe even more) as guys driving Windows. And You want to say that all the OSX lovers are simple as me? Or stupid? Or just not "arty" enough?

Grab Your wheel and drive your car man, and share Your experience. I accept that for some using windows on mac is not stupid... It was my opinion.

Remember, I'm not against windows, i just love mac.
Mac is industry standard in a lot of creative industries. So i guess most music producers, graphic designers and video editors are simple people.

my mac gives me information when it fucks up and you can do more than just press the big blue button.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

http://forevergeek.com/apple/boot_camp_ ... an_osx.php

I prefer windows because you can do a lot more tinkering with your machine.

I also like the comment "windows, plug and pray", unless i do something wrong, i have never had a problem,

in osx, seeing as my flatmate and I both use it, he uses it as his main os, I see problems with his external devices being plugged in all the time...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

yeaaah an OS war!
:)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest