serato question

- ask away
RussC
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

serato question

Post by RussC »

well i was just wundering, ok say you want to play a regular piece of vinyl (no timecode) will the hardware bypass this as a audio signal? or not even recognize/play it?

jus curios :)

thx
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I can't speak for Serato, but I'd guess it's the same as with Final Scratch. You plug each table into the hardware, and for each table, there's a phono and a line that go to your mixer, so if you're playing normal vinyl, you use the phono channel, and if you're playing with the computer, you use line.
RussC
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by RussC »

would you be flipping the line/phono switch on the interface itself?
or you talking on the mixer??

and,, thanks for the quick reply brian !
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

RussC wrote:would you be flipping the line/phono switch on the interface itself?
or you talking on the mixer??
On the mixer. For each deck, a cable will go from the box to the phono, and another will go from the box to the line on your mixer.

The phono connection is just forwarded through the hardware, it doesn't really do anything, so this is how regular vinyl is played.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Just because I have nothing better to do right now... :)

This is the back of my FS Scratch Amp. "In" is where each turntable goes, "Thru" goes to the phono input on your mixer, and "Out" goes to the line input on the mixer.
kage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kage »

yeah, you just flip the line/phono switch, and you're good to go.. I've made the switch to serato from FS about a year ago, and it's working flawlessly for me on my mac...

:)
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I almost made the jump from FS to Serato about a year or so ago when it was terrible, but I'm really loving latest FS hardware/software.