Live 5

- ask away
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

im waiting for the bundlez.. want an ozonic with it!!
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 000000 »

fredrikburok wrote:anyone using live5 with a hardware synth/effect setup? I'm wondering if I'm going to switch from logic/cubase, and use live as my only daw. has they introduced destructive editing and such functions yet? I'm doing all my (midi)sequencing on a hardware sequencer (mpc), so I will mainly be working with audio tracks - is it worth it?

the reason why I want to switch is because I'm dead tired of steinberg and their _slow_ programs. and I've had alot of issues with logic, which used to be my main daw, once.

EDIT: I'm aware of that you can use an external editor for destructive editing, but does that work smoothly? (and I don't have the $ to buy any external editor so I'll have to settle for the free audacity one)
it's still non distructive, but there are many ways around it. i don't think using hardware should prevent you from switching.
depending on how you work, i don't see any reason why you couldn't make a seemless switch from logic/cubase over to live.

you wouldn't be the first ;)

but if you have any more questions the ableton forums would be a good place to ask.