live act

- ask away
earcatcher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

live act

Post by earcatcher »

Question... what is the best way to make a good setup for your live act if you produce with ableton live in combination with reason?
And how do you load a new track and mix it in good in live? is it better to do as a ableton file or as a wav. file?

I hope to get a reply. thnx
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

personally, i take each track in steps of progression and bus them out seperately as wav files and then normalize them in sound forge. i'll pick pieces of tracks to play on different channels and just drag and drop, layer effects and go nuts. it's actually a riot man and will give you alot of new ideas on how you want to sequence your track, you just might end up doing it in ableton.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: live act

Post by plaster »

earcatcher wrote:Question... what is the best way to make a good setup for your live act if you produce with ableton live in combination with reason?
And how do you load a new track and mix it in good in live? is it better to do as a ableton file or as a wav. file?

I hope to get a reply. thnx

i stand behind lee on the tip...basicly that way will save you a lot of hassle and freezing in conjunction with reason.
wav,aiff,doesn't matter really...just export the parts of the track and import back in ableton where you can rearrange it,add new fx and stuff.

it will help you learn arrangement methords very much just by muting the sounds.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.