how do you approach music when producing?

- ask away
dataman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dataman »

using flp and try to make some random sound. also trying to combine this with some melodies played in logic. if it hits me then go on making loops and sound till i can start the arrange.

the first arrange is very gross granular. then the most work on arrange is beeing done on sublte work. clicks here, clicks there.

wow. every start a pizza, then i would look like big mama.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

just keep it spontaneous
that's the most important thing to me
as soon as i have the feeling i'm looking too hard, i stop for a while
go for a walk, do some reading, watch some telly

that's the main difference i feel between oldskool tracks and new tracks
everything used to be so spontaneous back then, take a listen to some old skool electro, early house, acid... and compare it to some of the over-precise and market oriented productions we have today...

that's what i'm looking for, spontaneity
[ññP]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [ññP] »

sometimes, when doing anything else...an idea comes to my mind...generally a melody or a rithm that means or represents some idea...then i go running to my pc to paste that idea into music, and after i've done that, y listen to it so as to develop more the idea (explore it), then, when the idea is clear i start composing and adding the different parts of that idea...then, i try to find other similar ways to express the same idea, so that the song wont be boring...
well, sometimes the basic idea comes as an accident of experimentation to, but then i have to analyse what that "accident" means, and develop it
8)
que son esos ruiditos?