for produce

- ask away
_concept_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: for produce

Post by _concept_ »

adam wrote:But to answer your question, there is no better place to start than Reason. It's a great platform to learn all sorts of aspects of production.
Agreed... What I found it hard to arrange with it is up to me, and at the end everything is in perception and preference - try everything you can and choose what feels the best...
Maybe I shouldn't use verb play, because I don't degrade it... It's very powerful for a virtual studio...

Ableton is also great, and with version 4 it grown into a massive production tool, and I'm trying to learn him and his approach to production and recording... That Operator is very nice thing...
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

reason 3.0

peak 4.0

recycle

im happy with this
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

I am addicted to reason but I think it's the final product that matters to be honest. I just read on the interview on this board with jeff samuel that he uses fruity loops, I think it's whatever your most comfortable with.
It's all about the music imo!
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

there really is something to be said for each program named so far. my suggestion is, if you have access to all of these programs, get them all. i use reason 3.0 (wich is a great improvement from 2.5) for alot of my patterns. however, getting caught in loop mode is a hard thing to break out of with reason it is a great way to get thoughts out and expiriment. live is great for writing tracks out and twisting and turning what you have and with the new midi capabilities it's also great for writing tracks. i also have been the producer edition of fruity loops for a short time and have to say is a very useful tool. there are many different ways to look at it, if you want to start somewhere i would try reason if you know a little about taking and making samples. and if you are looking for the easiest way to get going on making music i would suggest fruity loops and after you learned some of the basics i would pick up ableton. good luck and remember that the journey is a long one so just have fun.
BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: ableton live

Post by BobStock »

.kavo. wrote:
plaster wrote:
.kavo. wrote:what about ableton live for producing?
i heard from a reliable source that robag wruhme is using only ableton for making his/their tracks.

ehe
damn, i have live4.0.4 but still dont know do anything with :cry:
hmm strange? everyone can work with live :shock:
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: ableton live

Post by .kavo. »

Minimiser wrote:
.kavo. wrote:
plaster wrote:
.kavo. wrote:what about ableton live for producing?
i heard from a reliable source that robag wruhme is using only ableton for making his/their tracks.

ehe
damn, i have live4.0.4 but still dont know do anything with :cry:
hmm strange? everyone can work with live :shock:
yes! slowly i am in, but it's question of time.
ableton is still new for me.
i still try to make some stuff in FruityLoops.
"smokin' hydroponic"
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

I'm a happy Nuendo user.
I use fruityloops now and then to get a groove started
but I then reconstruct it all in Battery, so I can program my drums anyway I like, without getting trapped in loops
midi programming your drums is really better, as you have more control, you can shift things around anytime you want, change velocity... you can keep it flexible
something you can't always do with loop-based programs
so i think it's better to use cubase/nuendo to keep it flexible all the way through and it sure isn't that complex to learn...
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

dunkel wrote:im a cubase person, but i recomand ableton live to anyone starting to make music.
cubase is very complex and i use it since it was the only sequencer for pc back in the days when i started.
ableton gives the minimalistic sound u can hear in magda rsr etc etc
it is very friendly and easy to use, and the envalopes make the whole track no sweat. :lol:
i have difficulties to take frutty loops and reason seriouslly, the sound and the whole work is very unsetisfying :?
i wouldn't normally get involved with threads like this as I've done so 100 hundred times in the past... but don't be hasty to put people off using programs suchs such as reason and fruity... if you've got talent and good sounds you can make good music with any program... there's no software thats 'better' than any other imo.. it's just what suites the person (and what 3rd party plugins / hardware you use for example). :)