for produce

- ask away
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

gooner wrote:
dunkel wrote:im a cubase person, but i recomand ableton live to anyone starting to make music.
cubase is very complex and i use it since it was the only sequencer for pc back in the days when i started.
ableton gives the minimalistic sound u can hear in magda rsr etc etc
it is very friendly and easy to use, and the envalopes make the whole track no sweat. :lol:
i have difficulties to take frutty loops and reason seriouslly, the sound and the whole work is very unsetisfying :?
i wouldn't normally get involved with threads like this as I've done so 100 hundred times in the past... but don't be hasty to put people off using programs suchs such as reason and fruity... if you've got talent and good sounds you can make good music with any program... there's no software thats 'better' than any other imo.. it's just what suites the person (and what 3rd party plugins / hardware you use for example). :)

I agree, someone may have a full studio and all the softwear available and have no talent while someone sitting at home on a pc may be writing masterpieces. It's all about the final product imo.
Unclean
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Unclean »

I use Reason 3 for producing loops, it have (4me) very difficult sequencer... I grew on Fast Tracker it was more easier program and make a sequenceer track was quite easy ! When I have loops I start to arrange them in Ableton live....Its easy and handfull program to arrange a sequencer. With my MIDI controller (Evolution u-16) its very powerfull !!!
Some time ago I used Fruity loops, Rebird, but now programs like Reason and Ableton are all-in-one :)
I too recomend Jeskola Buzz, its for free and very cool for producing music like minimal, experimental... but sound is worst than in programs like on top... and its very unstable :o/ I hope this program soon will fix all his bugs and I will be ready to use it....
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

music

Post by tzusing »

i have used fruity loops, reason, live....and yes don't listen to people that diss reason or fruity....they are just bitter that they are still making crap music on logic 7.
all dj shadow needed was a sampler and he made the master piece that is entroducing...
Unclean
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Unclean »

Exactly ! Its not about expensive software... U know Mr. Hawtin use only keyboards,303,909 adn EFX and do a masterpieces :)
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

there is definitely one thing that can define wether ornot the music will be good, that is definitely the person using it. it doesn't make a difference what you are using, if you are creative and work hard your music will shine regardless. having better equiptment and software is always nice but i know plenty of people that buy every new toy that comes out thinking that it will make them sound like the pros but you can't buy talent or dedication.