modular midi controller

- ask away
rkampschoer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rkampschoer »

I think they're just rocker butttons, but I really would like them to add the EQ and the filters of the 92...
I think the reason why there were cardboard overlays, is because you can use this section not only for Ableton, but for other software as well...

But regarding the suggested retail price of 1500 Euro's, I'm afraid that there will be no 4 band EQ and no filters :(

:)
www.robinkampschoer.com
sometimes, less is more...
vip32
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: modular midi controller

Post by vip32 »

brianc wrote:
vip32 wrote: i think that section is for controlling ableton live, because you can see the live logo there. really nice if this is the case.
I heard those green live panels were just cardboard overlays used in the display. I was wondering if those were jog dials (rotate around) which can be pressed at the top, bottom, left, and right, or if they're rocker buttons that just let people push them. Either way, they seem a bit much to me...
help me out, what's a rocker button?
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: modular midi controller

Post by brianc »

vip32 wrote:help me out, what's a rocker button?
Hm, this is hard to explain. It's a button (usually round) that allows you to do different things depending on how you tilt it. For example, if you tilt it to the right (or press just on the right side), it's like you're clicking on one button, but if you tilt it to the right, it's like you're clicking on another button. They're used to control menus on a lot of digital cameras.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

It's about time something like this was done. Just wish there wasn't so much silver metal and blue LED fad still going around. Make the body and LED's white. That should be the new gear fad.
gunjin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

midibox

Post by gunjin »

i build a midibox from http://www.ucapps.de/
this is a pretty box.
you can plug many pots, faders and buttons.

my box have at this time 10 buttons, 5 faders und 4 pots.