Elektron Machinedrum vs JoMox Xbase 999

- ask away
MdM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MdM »

I WANT a Machinedrum!!!
Yesterday night i've spent 2 hours to see the videos on youtube: it seems really really amazing!
(but i have to buy a new mac too!.. my powerbook seems a bit tired... :? mac or md?mac or md?mac or md? this is the question.. : D)
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

md everytime
astley
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by astley »

get a second hand jomox airbase99 (Rack version) to got with the MD. I recently saw one going for 250 eu.
skyk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skyk »

Hi,

I create my Kicks/Bassdrums by layering various Samples (e.g. Vengeance Minimal House and Vengeance Electro Essentials) and i get great results, but somehow i want to buy a Elektron Machinedrum :)

My question is:
Is the Machinedrum capable of producing REALLY good sounding Kicks from scratch or do i still need heavy EQing and compression to achieve the quality of current Minimal Techno/House productions?

PS: I am asking this, because all the MP3 demos on the Elektron page sounded kinda crappy and totally not worth the money ... but since a lot of you guys are using this machine there has to be something special about it :D
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

a lot of what makes the md so special to me is not the sound that it produces but its specific modus operandi. i love how it works, sure there are a few things that i wish i had control over as far as the synthesis machines are concerned, but my god it is so great in so many other ways. so freakin intuitive to use. my favorite bit of kit to use for sure. try it out.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I want both. I would get the MD first.

I love drummachines
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

for me, the kicks are the most important thing from the jomox, I can live without the rest... I got the Mbase01 (jomox standalone kick generator) and I'd get an MD and trig the mbase through it if I were you.

just a little suggestion...
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

fredrik_h wrote:for me, the kicks are the most important thing from the jomox, I can live without the rest... I got the Mbase01 (jomox standalone kick generator) and I'd get an MD and trig the mbase through it if I were you.

just a little suggestion...
i agree. a match made in heaven.