searching minimal reason refills

- ask away
Johnatan Traffic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

searching minimal reason refills

Post by Johnatan Traffic »

hi people,
I am searching for minimal reason refills, I know the most 'usual' refillsites like peff.com and others, but where kan i find real MNML fefills for FREE?

greets Kooos
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

truthfully i haven't found many refills that have twisted my noodle, however the robots and computers one i have has been usefull as well as the colossus drum refill. with that said i too am lookinng for good samples. i have a ton of great samples i have made with software and hard ware i would be interested in trading for some really solid synth sounds of interesting drum sounds.
Matt du Jardin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Matt du Jardin »

Commodore-c64-DrumStation.rfl - this is quite good, needs some tweaking though to get that clique :lol:
Essaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Essaj »

make your own!
Love is intrumental
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Essaj wrote:make your own!

just what i wanted to post!

try to use various tracks...preferably old ones and cut em up,put fx over them and that's it.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

IMHO, the only refills anyone should own and use are the basics: all the old drum machines and stuff like that. There is nothing better to start with. Synthesize, edit and/or record your own samples. Maelstrums can go along way..

Also, depending on what style you are going for, sampleing other music is not a bad idea.. although the trick here is unlikely sources and really getting gritty with the editing. Some of my most interesting sounds, believe it or not, have come from old rock, disco and funk records/cds, etc.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Werd!
[ññP]
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by [ññP] »

hehe..there are some good refills, but mostly i like the ones with tons of .rx2 files....so you can twist them :twisted:
then i also made lots of rex files with recycle...such as a compilation of sylabes from an interview with Ian Anderson, the voice of Marcus Miller, some sax and trumpet from a jazz record...and even some guitars recorded by myself
So, don't try to get cool sounds from refills...make your own originall stuff, perhaps you could cut a sample of some drums from a cd...use a gate, a filter (with some attack perhaps), some fx like a delay, and voila!
then, if you do get your samples from a refill, twist them a lot so you make sure that you are not using a sample that somebody else could use in another song
:)
que son esos ruiditos?