Old Sega sounds...new productions?

- ask away
Farabee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Old Sega sounds...new productions?

Post by Farabee »

Try opening a Sega Genesis slash Mega Drive emulator and going through the soundtest of one of your favorite old games. EQ up the highs a bit and boom...you got Gaiser noises.

Honestly, I was thinking about it one night while playing some old Sega games. Doesn't surprise me as the FM chip in the Genesis was quite nice sounding, but damn.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

yeah there is some awesome stuff on genesis. check out the soundtracks from contra hard corps or streets of rage 3, some funky techno action happening there...pretty fun for making weird loops actually.

i recommend downloading a program called Audio Overload (maybe mac only ??) but you can download tons of sega/nes/vgm stuff in small file formats, some files have all the sound fx too. im a total geek for old console noises :D
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

Yuzo Koshiro that did the SOR soundtracks, took a lot inspiration from Detroit stuff.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

where can you download the sound files from?

:)
signatures suck
djreagen
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djreagen »

revy wrote:yeah there is some awesome stuff on genesis. check out the soundtracks from contra hard corps or streets of rage 3, some funky techno action happening there...pretty fun for making weird loops actually.

i recommend downloading a program called Audio Overload (maybe mac only ??) but you can download tons of sega/nes/vgm stuff in small file formats, some files have all the sound fx too. im a total geek for old console noises :D
yep streets of rage 1 that track that is playing when you are on the boat, great track , made me think of making some kinda remix from that one when i last played streets
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

mlexicon wrote:where can you download the sound files from?

:)
Zophar's Archive:
http://www.zophar.net/music.html

Audio Overload software:
http://www.bannister.org/software/ao.htm
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

btw i've remixed some shinobi 3 for sega, just check the "innerdarkside-remix" on my myspace page... :D