AMD vs. Pentium

- ask away
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

cyhl wrote:
adam wrote:For the record, my g4 imac outperforms a similar configured computer to the pc you've described in my house every day of the week.
no, the system for which I gave the specs is as fast as a dual g5 (I benchmarked these 2 machines for my day job)
Didn't say that was the case universally, it just is with the systems in my home, as is..
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

u guys should just whip out yer cocks and settle it
:)
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

mlexicon wrote:u guys should just whip out yer cocks and settle it
yeah, I love those mac vs pc threads :lol:
most of the time, they're totally useless, but I can't help but posting and posting and posting... I think this thread was actually one of the most informative mac vs pc thread I've been in ;) what do you think adam?
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

well s for me im a mac person all the way....
the problems i see pc users encounter on a weekly basis is just ridiculous

its not about power...clearly pcs have come a long way in that department and for what we do...owning a g5 dual processing mthrfckr might be the equivalant of killing a fly with a nuclear bomb

well maybe not, but.... for me the issue has always been stability....and pc aint got sh!t on mac

and yeah macs were expensice, but look at the new mini macs.....
doors open come on in

those cube macs were a dud though....i cant remember what the problem was exactly....but that sh!t was just ridiculous lookin to begin with and had it coming
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

mlexicon wrote:those cube macs were a dud though....i cant remember what the problem was exactly....but that sh!t was just ridiculous lookin to begin with and had it coming
I think it was the clear plastic shell breaking off or something like that.

I work on a PC now. But in the future I will be working with a Mac as well. Logic 7 is calling my name ;) Macs are hot!!!

As for Pentium vs AMD, I really wouldn't know. I just know that my Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz works just fine right now.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

cyhl wrote:
mlexicon wrote:u guys should just whip out yer cocks and settle it
yeah, I love those mac vs pc threads :lol:
most of the time, they're totally useless, but I can't help but posting and posting and posting... I think this thread was actually one of the most informative mac vs pc thread I've been in ;) what do you think adam?
I use both and have always used PC up until a couple years ago. That musicxp.net site was pretty interesting, but even so, i've seen nothing but trouble in the pc world. On every PC i've ever used, new or old, I've had some kind of system error or just a system lock up at least once for every two times I hopped on to get down to work. Since grabbing a mac, i've never once seen anything go wrong EVER.. I can now happily waste time on the internet while working on music on the same machine and not worry about spyware and viruses or my system freezing up :)

If I had to sum it up in a "nutshell", the foremost reason I would say it is better to have a mac than a PC is stability and having a reliable operating system. I've never even heard of people having to reinstall OS X let alone smaller things happening like freeze ups and everyone's favourite:
"illegal operation". :)