ableton!! Whats wrong with it.

- ask away
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

if the problem concerns (as far as i've understood) that warm & fat hardware feeling, there's other solutions before talking about ableton rendering issue.

and that solution is called, PSP Vinatge Warmer. (wow)
nikaj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: ableton!! Whats wrong with it.

Post by nikaj »

don't, I say do not render to disc. Use the resampling function instead.
can you elaborate on this? If i have a project finished in ableton, how do i get it out, other than render?
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I don't know what people don't understand this but no matter how much i say it it does not sink in. Ableton Live is not a true Multi-Tracker it was not designed for it. If you need to record in sound there are simple programs like Soundforge to record whole tracks like a DAT machine would or there are Multi-Trackers like Cubase, Logic, Pro-Tools and Sonar if you plan to record parts and make them into a track. You guys need to use the right tool for the job, it'll save you allot of greif in the long run. You can make them sound ok recorded into ableton but you have to put the right EQ on them so it's not impossible but it's not as simple as it should be.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

you can also resample mpc style by recording your sounds from hardware, mapping them accross the impulse and banging out beats from there. no time streching involved.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

Torque wrote:like Cubase, Logic, Pro-Tools and Sonar if you plan to record parts and make them into a track. You guys need to use the right tool for the job,.
werd...thats why I usually just rewire ableton into logic...the sound is always improved....
clinc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clinc »

maybe just try passing the signal through a nice piece of analog gear to warm it up before recording? even a basic analog console/workstation can make a huge difference in the warmth of the tones.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

You can make almost anything sound like it's hardware just by knowing how to eq the sound right.
BobStock
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BobStock »

milc wrote:if the problem concerns (as far as i've understood) that warm & fat hardware feeling, there's other solutions before talking about ableton rendering issue.

and that solution is called, PSP Vinatge Warmer. (wow)
Im not retarted. Im talking about REAL hardware (Wow), recording into ableton, smartboy.