Testing audio equipment. need some help.

- ask away
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Testing audio equipment. need some help.

Post by harass »

I finally saved up and got my nord lead 2x rack from eBay. It was sent from a different country, so I needed to purchase a transformer to convert the voltage. Got everything plugged in, but it won’t turn on.. how can I test the unit to see if the unit is dead or not? I got the correct transformer, but I can’t figure out what part is not working, I basically just need to isolate the issue.

If the power board inside the unit is screwed, would it be possible to get it fixed? I’m a little out of my league here, and I’ve spent a bit of money. So any help would be appreciated.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

dismantle it and make a better synth.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Testing audio equipment. need some help.

Post by steevio »

harass wrote:I finally saved up and got my nord lead 2x rack from eBay. It was sent from a different country, so I needed to purchase a transformer to convert the voltage. Got everything plugged in, but it won’t turn on.. how can I test the unit to see if the unit is dead or not? I got the correct transformer, but I can’t figure out what part is not working, I basically just need to isolate the issue.

If the power board inside the unit is screwed, would it be possible to get it fixed? I’m a little out of my league here, and I’ve spent a bit of money. So any help would be appreciated.
bad luck mate.
are you sure you got the right transformer ? you have to make sure that the VA rating of the transformer isnt less than that of the synth.
i'm no expert on these things, but i just bought a transformer for a japanese roland space echo, and that was the issue i was told to look out for. i was also told to buy an isolating transformer.
if you post all the info on here, i'll ask my next door neighbour who fixes synthesizers for a living.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

thats a nice next door neighbour!
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

word, nice neighbour!... all sorted was just an issue with the fuse. was damaged or something.. fixed yay
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Congrats... cant wait to hear yer experimenting :)