Audio editors for OS X

- ask away
j.whitney
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by j.whitney »

Spark is the best, but TC Electronics stopped doing software stuff, so it is done. They also never quite got around to updating it to 10.3, so you'll be stuck in 10.2 if you want to use it (you can't save anything under Panther). I may still have it lying around as well, I'll have to check.

As a fairly quick work around for your MP3 problem, get Toast, the CD burning app. You can use it as a batch converter for MP3 to Aif or Wav and then just save them to disk and not burn a cd.
Enforced limitations are a good thing.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

j.whitney wrote:Spark is the best, but TC Electronics stopped doing software stuff, so it is done. They also never quite got around to updating it to 10.3, so you'll be stuck in 10.2 if you want to use it (you can't save anything under Panther). I may still have it lying around as well, I'll have to check.

As a fairly quick work around for your MP3 problem, get Toast, the CD burning app. You can use it as a batch converter for MP3 to Aif or Wav and then just save them to disk and not burn a cd.
Thanks, but two things: I need to use panther.

two: That was the whole point of this thread and my original post: Everything I have can batch convert, but that is what I am trying to avoid... I simply want to be able to open any file format and save to virtually any file format seemlessly... I'm almost contemplating setting up a PC just as a "sampling station" in my studio just so I can use stuff like adobe audition and cool edit again
Caley Martin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Caley Martin »

I used Spark under Panther and had no problems at all... odd.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Caley Martin wrote:I used Spark under Panther and had no problems at all... odd.
I'd love to find a copy and give it a whirl.
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

i still have Spark ME right here, no problems on 10.3.7

adam, just noticed the sarnia location ref... i used to go skateboarding there years ago
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

g wrote:i still have Spark ME right here, no problems on 10.3.7

adam, just noticed the sarnia location ref... i used to go skateboarding there years ago
Really? Lots of people do/did... kinda strange. Sarnia has nothing to do. beautiful beaches though and a safe, relaxed environment for writing music and relaxing ;)
j.whitney
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by j.whitney »

I was using Spark XL, so maybe that has something to do with it.
You should try Peak, I've never had any problems with MP3s, you just 'save as' and it will convert the file to whatever you please. (and thats ver. 4, but I think 3 will do it too) Also, the LE version is cheap, though a little frustrating, but it gets the job done.
Enforced limitations are a good thing.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

Peak