Interstate
12"/Konvex Konkav/2001
Pacemaker [D.Diggler rmx]
12"/Konvex Konkav/2002
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Haven't heard much from this duo in quite some time. They did something on Raum Musik a while back under Kingsize xs or something like that. I Remember playing a bunch of their konvex records when I first started playing out.
leeism
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by leeism »

Yeah, used to dig their MRI stuff too. I think they pretty much just run Resopal these days, afaik.
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

Really dig their MRI stuff (though for some of you, it might be a little too poppy)

From allmusic.com:

Few producers surpassed the success and acclaim of MRI during the rise of German minimal house in the early 2000s as chronicled by such labels as Force Tracks, Kompakt, and Perlon. This Frankfurt, Germany, production duo — Stephan Lieb and Frank Elting, who also record elsewhere — made Force Tracks one of the Force Inc. label's most embraced sub-labels beginning in 1998. A year later, Force Tracks released the first MRI full-length, Rhythmogenesis, a collection of three previously released EPs: Dauerläufer, II, and To Be Honest. The album garnered endless praise, aided in part by the simultaneous praise heaped upon another Force Tracks full-length, Luomo's Vocal City, and Andrew Weatherall's Hypercity DJ mix for the label, which featured several MRI tracks.

The lingering success of Rhythmogenesis, MRI's emphasis on touring, and the subsequent Nightclubbing at Home EP set the stage for All That Glitters in 2002, the duo's second full-length. Obviously, expectations were high, particularly given the growing popularity of German minimal house in the early 2000s. Even so, MRI again garnered substantial acclaim, this time for evolving beyond straightforward minimal house. The duo incorporated vocals on several of the album's tracks and also a more dynamic range of tracks, some more dancefloor-orientated than others, some more dubby than others.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I really like Elting Leib! I have that yellow double vinyl release and a few others. Some of those tracks have really nice sounds. Clean, pure production. hold on... going ot go dig er out...
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Found it! The release is called disturbedances elting_lieb.

There are some good tracks on there. One track I really, really think is great but I cant remember which. Backwater or Yukon I think. There is also a remix of backwater by D.diggler.

Its a pretty nice record.

The other elting_lieb stuff I have is a little more monotonous. I mean its nice but repetitive and doesn't offer the mind a lot of movement.

Oh, I guess I should have paid more attention to the first post... that one is listed... sorry... had a few drinks tonight :)