arovane

plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

arovane

Post by plaster »

1965 - Born in Hameln/Germany.
1980–83 - Experiments with microphones, treated tapes and casio keyboards.
1983 - Swapped the casio for an analogue modular synth with fx.
1985 - Bought a digital synth/workstation and digital fx's. Swapped tapes with friends.
1988 - Moved to Hannover, experiments with treated turntables, vinyl and clarinet.
1989 - Moved to Munich, joined Six And More, a collective of musicians allworking on the idea of free, live, electronic improvisation. Live concerts in Hamburg, Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Mainz. Some cd releases on Archegon.
1991 - Moved to Berlin and built up the studio.
1993 - Production of electronic breakbeat style.
1995 - Contact to Berlin radiostation kiss fm. Production of breakbeat tracks for radio massive.
1997 - Established contact to DIN.
1998 - Production of tracks for DIN, released.
1998 - On the first Arovane ep, followed by two DIN ep's Icol Diston, AMX and the cd release Atol Scrap in 2000.
1999 - Contact to City Centre Offices. A 7" release was followed by the release "Tides" (cd Tides / lp Tides) in 2000.

Contacts and productions with national and international labels: [FWD: , Lux Nigra , Morr Music , Vertical Form , ... and artists: Phonem, Christian Kleine, Jake Mandell.
Live concerts in Berlin, Manchester, Paris and Belgium (pukkelpop festival).[/url]
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
are3as
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: arovane

Post by are3as »

plaster wrote:
1998 - On the first Arovane ep, followed by two DIN ep's Icol Diston, AMX and the cd release Atol Scrap in 2000.
http://www.discogs.com/release/3130

One of my favorite records by him. A also enjoyed the Arovane and Phonem on Vertical Form.

Arovane is such a brilliant producer. His sounds are very deep and reminiscent of ealry autechre.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i agree that he's a very good producer, but far from Ae...i think he's got his own sound.

my fav would be minith / neel ep
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
delayer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

hmm I would not dare to compare it with autechre ... :) if there ought to be a comparison with someone releasing his works on warp, I d rather say Plaid has a similar sound ....

discovered arovane lately and think he is worth listening to more than just once or twice .... sounds pretty okay
are3as
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by are3as »

plaster wrote:i agree that he's a very good producer, but far from Ae...i think he's got his own sound.

Indeed they have a great differences in style, but when I listen to Autechre's LP5 and songs like "Rae", the synth lines and structures seems to me to have influenced Arovane style a bit. Especially when that and Icol Diston came out at the same time. I guess that's where my comparison was drawn from.

If I can get my friend to host a set, My old roommate compiled an outstanding mix of Arovane, Lusine, and Deatbeat tracks. It is a very deep and dreamy sort of listening set. I'll see what I can do....
silentstorm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by silentstorm »

some good stuff, but almost a bit to esoteric for me. some of the dubbier stuff is nice, yet not really new sounding.
are3as wrote:
plaster wrote:i agree that he's a very good producer, but far from Ae...i think he's got his own sound.

Indeed they have a great differences in style, but when I listen to Autechre's LP5 and songs like "Rae", the synth lines and structures seems to me to have influenced Arovane style a bit. Especially when that and Icol Diston came out at the same time. I guess that's where my comparison was drawn from.

If I can get my friend to host a set, My old roommate compiled an outstanding mix of Arovane, Lusine, and Deatbeat tracks. It is a very deep and dreamy sort of listening set. I'll see what I can do....