DJ Koze

sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

DJ Koze

Post by sohrab »

such a shame no one mentioned him already :!:
he's the man

Stefan Kozalla aka DJ Koze lives and works in Hamburg as a club DJ, musician (International PONY, Adolf Noise) and
remixer for Chicks On Speed, Bob Sinclar, Justus Koehncke and more of the finest German bands and projects and
successful producer and KOMPAKT recording artist.
Within only a few years, DJ Koze has slowly worked his way up through the German Hip-Hop scene. With his band
Fischmob, he has released several successful records, steadily building up a strong fan base of young left-oriented
people.
With their mixture of straight-up Hip Hop skills (and none too subtle poiltical content), dry humor, crazy spoken samples,
prank phone calls, etc... the band has found their own niche in Germany’s ever-growing Hip-Hop scene. And although
he’s not afraid to throw down & rock the mike , it’s behind the decks where DJ Koze really shines. He’s got a
light, subtle approach and feel which belies the fact that he took home the Runner-Up prize at the DMC DJ
Championships a scant few years ago.
With their album ‘’Power“, and various smash singles, Fischmob found their way into the German pop charts with
the corresponding video enjoying a month-long, high-rotation run on both MTV & VIVA.
Although DJ Koze has had a taste of pop success with Fischmob, he’s always been equally interested in experimenting
with other forms of electronic music from ambient to break beats to wild sound collages from a myriad of
musical genres.
An especially notable voyage in to uncharted musical waters, Adolf Noise (produced and performed by DJ Koze and
his buddy Marcnesium) turned many a head around. Taking the artist into a deeper Electronic direction, “Adolf Noise“
features a far more abstract and unusual use of samples and grooves while keeping the listener on his / her toes by
incorporating liberal usage of football commentary, television show snippets, radio plays, and telephone terror with
drug-delinquents.
It was this record, that made people, that were normally more into Techno or Electronica, sit up and take notice and
it is now these people who are his biggest fans on dance floors between Tokyo and Hamburg -a development of
successfully melting a world of musical styles with the power-blending strength of Club Culture.
The year 2002 made DJ Koze the deck wizard of Hamburg trio International Pony, whose debut album 'We Love
Music' (Skint/Sony) was received to critical acclaim.
As a live DJ, Koze builds his sets on house and disco tracks and uses his well-honed Hip Hop skills blending it all
together in a furious mix, making it seem that the term “ House Rocking“ was coined with him in mind.
The readers of Germany’s trend-setting SPEX magazine correctly voted DJ Koze the DJ Of The Years for 1999 -
2004 - a well earned title, playing numerous shows all over the country and in different parts of the world. He was
also one of the nominees as best German DJ at 2003´s German Dance Awards.
Please take a look at his discography and check out his massive releases for Kompakt, Cologne´s finest in terms of
smashing, heartwarming,minimal house. Amongst them a very deep dj mix called: “All People Is My Friend” .
Coming up in 2005: A brandnew Adolf Noise album, a DJ Koze album and an International Pony album,also an album on Kompakt named:Kosi comes around
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

5 minutes ago i bought his record
Dj Koze Kosi Comes Around 2x12"" Kompakt

THX for this Album
GREAT !!!!
schlupfer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by schlupfer »

*on*

only decent thing koze (aka dj vomit) has done thus far is tausend tranen tief and then it took steve bug to make it work

*off*

:evil:
JACK you boys!
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

schlupfer wrote:*on*

only decent thing koze (aka dj vomit) has done thus far is tausend tranen tief and then it took steve bug to make it work

*off*

sorry,I didn't get it.
what you mean!?
schlupfer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by schlupfer »

sohrab wrote:

*off*

sorry,I didn't get it.
what you mean!?
what do you possibly mean by asking:

"what do you mean?"

should i try this?:

"nur annehmbares Sache koze (aka dj Erbrechen) hat bis jetzt ist tausend tranen tief getan und dann nahm es steve bug, um es Arbeit zu bilden"
JACK you boys!
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

schlupfer wrote:
sohrab wrote:

*off*

sorry,I didn't get it.
what you mean!?
what do you possibly mean by asking:

"what do you mean?"

should i try this?:

"nur annehmbares Sache koze (aka dj Erbrechen) hat bis jetzt ist tausend tranen tief getan und dann nahm es steve bug, um es Arbeit zu bilden"
and what do you mean by:
"only decent thing koze (aka dj vomit) has done thus far is tausend tranen tief and then it took steve bug to make it work"!?!?!?!?!?
he release two great albums in last couple of months and everyone(except you ofcourse) know that he's the hottest Dj in germany right now :lol:
colmenares
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by colmenares »

his Album/LP on Kompakt is fucking HOT!

some say it's the best album on Kompakt ever... i'm sure it's up there

class!

haven't heard many sets from him

would love to though
Future Collective FTW!

http://colectivofuturo.com
mcs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mcs »

this guy is a good one, check out, what he's done til now, and if you ever have the chance to see international pony, don't miss them, they rock.

my fave track done by koze is room303 / late check out 12" kompakt

would like to hear and see him spinning records, i'm sure it's big fun. :D