Matthew Dear

fromkaraoketostardom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fromkaraoketostardom »

I'd say i was never ever ever disappointed by him : i love most of his productions (under all his aliases) for the groove, the sound, the avalanche of new ideas. For his livesets : i've seen him quite a few times : in small clubs, sonar, always AMAZING !!! Never repeating himself, no dead times. I've seen him recently as a dj and, man it was again great, fresh & one of these djs who play tracks of others and really make it their own : oh boy what a trip !!! I love the fabric mix too !!!

To me he's really ahead of the game : so Maximum respect for the guy !!!
roy.alexis
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by roy.alexis »

fromkaraoketostardom wrote:...one of these djs who play tracks of others and really make it their own

To me he's really ahead of the game : so Maximum respect for the guy !!!
i'd definitely agree! matthew really does make tracks his. and i love how both him and ryan play a real diversity in what we call minimal techno.
live = tip!!
ferd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferd »

rc wrote:matt just did a remix of a Hot Ship track...i first heard it a month ago and can't get it out of my head. his next M_nus is gonna be awesome as well.. the best right now in my opinion
what minus release are you referring to then?
Boosey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Boosey »

Ye I love this guy. Especially his stuff released as Audion. Brilliant!
Dan_Caylor
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dan_Caylor »

Matthew Dear @ Sonar

Not sure if his ego has got too big labeled as the 'pin up' of the techno guys. But trying to be a rock star did not work (in my opinion + the gang of 20 I was with)

An Audion set would have been amazing but instead we wandered off after 20 mins
Radio Slave @ Loco (Cardiff) June 27th
Carl Craig @ Loco (Cardiff) July 11th
Dinky @ Loco (Cardiff) Aug 29th
Tadeo & Damien Schwartz @ Loco (Cardiff) Sept 26th
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

Many people seem to be criticizing or just not enjoying his performances w/ the band, although I like seeing an artist I respect get up on stage and do something different and more personal-seeming--but I really like his material from the new album, and the songs with his vocals on Backstroke and Leave Luck to Heaven as well.
I don't know, maybe they are making a mistake by promoting this side of his work at more edm-focused events such as mutek and sonar where everybody just wants to hear Audion.
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

moey wrote:Many people seem to be criticizing or just not enjoying his performances w/ the band, although I like seeing an artist I respect get up on stage and do something different and more personal-seeming--but I really like his material from the new album, and the songs with his vocals on Backstroke and Leave Luck to Heaven as well.
I don't know, maybe they are making a mistake by promoting this side of his work at more edm-focused events such as mutek and sonar where everybody just wants to hear Audion.
+1
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

detroit does it right...