Neil Landstrumm

PatStormont
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Neil Landstrumm

Post by PatStormont »

Neil Landstrumm is one of my fave producers. It took me a few listens to get into his sound, but when I heard the Bedrooms and Cities I was totally hooked.

His recent livesets I've downloaded are some of the best techno sets I've ever heard.

here is his bio from discogs:

Starting his professional career in 1994 Neil has released music on several international electronic labels and also worked in the motion graphics field with MTV, Rockstar Games and The Magnificents. To date Landstrumm has released 5 Experimental Electronic albums, 1 Art-Rock-Blues-Beat album, several 12" singles and remixes on labels ranging from Peacefrog, Tresor, Sonic Groove Mosquito, to his own imprint, Scandinavia. Neil has collaborated with Cristian Vogel,
Si Begg, Mike Fellows, Bill Youngman and Tobias Schmidt the best know of which is Sugar Experiment Station.
He is native to Scotland but has recently spent 6 years living in New York soaking up Brooklyn and Queens best in lifestyle, culture and music.

2005 sees Neil at the head of a successful creative factory called Scandinavia producing and releasing music,
motion graphics and television Ids and a print-based clothes label. New and uncharted music territories are currently being navigated.

Essentially a live artist, Neil has built his reputation on uncompromising live performances world wide with shows most recently at Unit–Tokyo, Rex-Paris, Tresor-Berlin and Electrowerkz-London.

Bass-Tech beats, Grime, Electro-Techno, Broken-Beat, Miami bass, beat throw downs or dirty swing style-lets stop the pigeons with their holes and get on with the real deal.. Landstrumm creates his classic stomach pumping bass,
metallic and melodic clangs and odd funky percussive swing lines live and in full effect. Whistle crew where are you?

This isn't some laptop-noodle performance. It's live electronics at it's very best.

2000 small dogs couldn't be wrong.
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

Saw landstrumm play at Atomic Jam in Birmingham, UK a 3/4 years back now... was great.. he played some really bass heavy throbbing stuff...

in fact it was a very good night... AJ residents, then landstrumm live, then speedy j live and then hawtin to finish the night off... though speedy j completely outperformed everyone that night... :twisted:
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

my record bag almost never leave the house without some of his stuff
he's a guy who knows how to push the envelope in techno
VIVIANNEPROJECTS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by VIVIANNEPROJECTS »

One of my favorites- especially the Peace Frog Bleepy Tracks-so good and timeless.
PatStormont
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PatStormont »

His new stuff with vogel, Sugar Experiment Station is cool too.

I wish someone would bring him down here.
Cory Simpson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cory Simpson »

Neil is amazing. I saw him at his first appearance in America in chicago. He was showing me how he programs his gear. He said, and I quote" You just take the batteries out, then beat on the peices of sh!t( slams his hands down on a 303 and 101) then put the batteries back, hit your notes and it just works." One piece of advise I've never had the heart to take. As a DJ I think he has a great way of weaving you into a darker place without going too hard. I love the way he brings a wonky roll to his dj sets, utilizing the flam in tracks to build the next groove. JMHO.
bass_sheep
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bass_sheep »

Cory Simpson wrote:Neil is amazing. I saw him at his first appearance in America in chicago. He was showing me how he programs his gear. He said, and I quote" You just take the batteries out, then beat on the peices of sht( slams his hands down on a 303 and 101) then put the batteries back, hit your notes and it just works." One piece of advise I've never had the heart to take. As a DJ I think he has a great way of weaving you into a darker place without going too hard. I love the way he brings a wonky roll to his dj sets, utilizing the flam in tracks to build the next groove. JMHO.
I used to really like Neil's stuff back in the days, but now Its not the case anymore (getting old ;) I am selling his early stuff on Peacefrog (brown by August, M-Cap etc). If anyone is interested, let me know...