mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tom bruise »

there a tractile mix on paxahau, pretty good
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

Red Kite wrote:I saw them playing yesterday live in Berlin and - sorry, but this was one of the worst live sets I've ever heard. Imagine something that is funky, groovy, fresh and surprising, and now imagine the exact opposite and you're quite close: cheap drum loops, cheesy rave signals and no sense for dynamics. I don't know if they had problems with their equipment but this was really a waste of time. Nothing personal, just not my taste at all.

Good thing I stayed through it because Kabale und Liebe played after them and rocked the house!

can´t believe that ...

look at this amazing style ...

:twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia-duWU9N3Y

maybe you confounds them with kabale und liebe :?:
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

lost.in.musiq wrote: maybe you confounds them with kabale und liebe :?:
Haha, that's a good one! They are actually very difficult to confound, since Tractile are two guys and Kabale und Liebe is one guy, who also happens to be a friend of mine. Besides: The Tractile guys in the club looked exactly like the Tractile guys in your video...

I won't comment on the sound of the youtube clips, but the sound in the club was pretty weak. Still: a decent mastering can kick a lot out of their material, which I realised yesterday in Hardwax store when I listened to their M_nus record there. But unmastered and in their live performance it definately lacked the punch of their record.

Nevertheless I only state my personal opinion here, but from the reactions in the club and the people I talked to there about it I wasn't the only one thinking that way. There were, of course, also people having their fun after all...
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)