Mathew Jonson

Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

adam wrote:James Holden?!!?

From what I remember, he's a trance and prog producer
Oh man, you're missing out big time. He gets a tad too trancey for my tastes at times but for the most part he makes super fuckin' sick "minimal" technoish kinda tracks.
cap'n can't get right
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cap'n can't get right »

Mathew Johnson - this guy is on top of his game. He played a great set, sans shoes, at a meotic party in Chicago this past Friday.

Be on the look out for his remix of josh winks higher state of consciousness. This raver gives it two snaps up in a circle. The other stuff he played off his laptop at a friends house was straight dope.

Looking forward to the next time he comes around.
peloquin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by peloquin »

really diggin his new one
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

cap'n can't get right wrote: Be on the look out for his remix of josh winks higher state of consciousness. This raver gives it two snaps up in a circle. The other stuff he played off his laptop at a friends house was straight dope.

Looking forward to the next time he comes around.
Man, I've always hated that track! But, if anybody could make it awesome it would totally be Mathew Jonson so I look forward to it.
Aleksi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aleksi »

return of the zombie bikers, NICE ONE
ftc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ftc »

anyone got a clip of his remix of "higher state of consciousness"?
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

Mathew Jonson is one baaaaad mthrfckr!!!! :twisted:
In general i'm way more a Detroit style techno guy than a minimal one. Mathew Jonson tears it up in both catagories at once IMO. His sound is a very good take on the traditional Monobox/The Vision (Robert Hood) type sound. If he keeps it up he's gonna do some serious destruction. Nothing but good things to say about that mthrfckr. Most of his records havn't left my gig bag since i got 'em. Keep it up!!! :D
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

The new release on It Is What It Is is really promising. especially the a-side. Haven`t got it yet and only heard clips but this could be a great track from Mathew in while.