mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Magnus Molin »

Nah, nothing for me ..
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I've not been influenced by them, but I recently listened to some of their works. I do not regret!

"they are simply the parents of the electronic music... "

and don' t forget the grand parents like Xenakis, Kid Baltan, Raymond Scott, and a lot of others ;)
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

Dragonsand wrote:I've not been influenced by them, but I recently listened to some of their works. I do not regret!
you definitely have been influenced by them - even if it's via other artists. we have all been influenced by them. thank god for kraftwerk.

I saw them live last friday in what could arguably be the best possible situation: the concert took place in Krakow on a cold, dark and rainy night in a giant old steelworks workshop (kraftwerk in german) on the edge of the city.

It had been a while since I spent time listening to their stuff. I used to play them a lot at home. but watching that concert reinforced to me how amazing and groundbreaking the group is and have been. the sounds and the themes they present to us are so awesome. Their image is just perfect. the music is like a soundtrack of Europe and modern life. techno music from the seventies. amazing amazing amazing.

I have to say, that for me, it was the gig of a lifetime. absolutely amazing. i feel like a born again fan this week :D
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Damn, I wish I'd been there! :cry:

Kraftwerk have influenced everything from early Hip Hop to Electro to Techno to even experimental stuff: Compare the "Radioaktivität/ Radioactivity"-LP to early Sähkö and Mika Vainio and you can hear some striking similarities.

Not to mention that much of their music had a very clear and minimal sound design. Definately the most important electronic music project in history!
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
0x7f
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 0x7f »

kraftwerk is one of the biggest influences for everyone in elctronic music. their creativity back in the days (without easy VST's and all) was just awesome. own synths and modified hardware, just pure genius :)
you should also check out our 8bit remixes of kraftwerk that we did last year for astralwerks -> www.astralwerks.com/8-bit !
ralf and florian loved the mixes and its said (without bragging) to be the most innovative kraftwerk remixes ever :)
miro pajic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miro pajic »

you need to be a certain age to understand their music/art/game/vision/genius!