Zip

pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

I had a good chat with Zip in Montreal about his album. He played at Piknik and he said he doesn't play any tracks of his album when his sets are streamed or recorded, showing how protective he is.

So he said he's just about to release the album and then he would do a huge tour where he would play it live around the world! He was very excited and i think all of us will be too :D
ballyhoo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ballyhoo »

i had a chance to get a quick word in with zip when he played bunker in nyc. he mentioned early next year for the album. hopefully, it'll come out sooner than then.

his DJ set was fantastic! really nice how he just let the tracks play out, and was generous in showing people record sleeves when they wanted to know what he played. plus, he seemed to be enjoying himself - especially the way he busted out some nerdy dance moves when he was mixing.

classy guy!
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

Really can't wait for the Dimbiman album. The Dimbiman EP's and the Pantytec EP's/Album are amongst my favourite records in my collection. The Dimbiman liveset from Mutek never leaves my Ipod either.

looking forward to going to my first Get Perlonized in August for Zip, Sammy Dee and the amazing Baby Ford.

Oh and played Good Morning Eyeball on friday night there and it still goes down a treat :!:
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

giligili wrote:hello ppl
zip as he told me when he came to play here , is working on a new pantytec ( with sammy dee ). Also he told me that future releases on perlon will focus on not-so-well-known artists.
seriously? awesome! petition for the return of Pantytec. +1
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

pantycontrol wrote:
giligili wrote:hello ppl
zip as he told me when he came to play here , is working on a new pantytec ( with sammy dee ). Also he told me that future releases on perlon will focus on not-so-well-known artists.
seriously? awesome! petition for the return of Pantytec. +1
wait... i just realized how old this thread was...sad. :cry:
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

is this the only topic about zip as artist here?
just 2 pages?... can't believe... he definitely deserves more...
mean
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mean »

we can all learn from Zip

8)
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spideresistance »

4am wrote:is this the only topic about zip as artist here?
just 2 pages?... can't believe... he definitely deserves more...
definitely!! such a good vinyl dj with always a very good selection and audience connection. i very much look forward to hear him next week-end in zurich but more importantly next week playin for us in Locarno.

take a look here for more info about the parties in Locarno during the Film Festival:

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36649