Emmanuel Top

chilly
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: EMMANUEL TOP

Post by chilly »

Coog wrote:One of the all time best! He can build a track like no other(Hawtin maybe) and his use of dynamics is second to none. Incredible.
Great producer.. But can he (and should he) be compared to Hawtin? I seem to remember Emmanuel Top being more of a trance type, except for the Asteroid release..Ecsta-Deal / Latex Culture bring back great memories though..

For track building, how about Hardfloor?
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

i wouldn't compare e. top with hardfloor... and i don't think that is trancey stuff... rephlex thats a track i like a lot of e. top. I would compare him with artists like woody mcbride, rob acid..
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

I think the easiest way to compare Hawtin and Top is to listen to asteriod - listen to the track that sound identical to the spine-tingling acid menace on Hawtin's musique album , and you will see the tracks are virtually identical, the overall feel of the album is definately similar, saying that - FUK, and afformentioned Acid tune (I can't remember the name of it - one of my all time faves too - doh) are off the hook and I can't see Top coming up with something as bold as fuk..

The mood and feel of asteriod definately strikes me as having a similar mood to hawtins minimal sets, i have to admit tho, track for track - despite Asteriod owing a lot to Hawtin - I'd say I prefer Asteroid to Musique, but tha'ts just a personal thing - I spent a good few days with some good friends listening to it on a lot of nice...errrr cabbages shall we say, and it melted our heads - in fact - at the time I'd not heard something so immersive since my 1st LSD experience with Primal scream and pink floyd as the soundtrack.

I spoke to one of the guys from novamute one time Hawtin was playing up here , and apparently Emanuel top is a painter now, and has no intention of making much music, he did have a spell as part of trance/pop act BBE - but I don't think they do stuff anymore (probably just as well IMO)
pata
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pata »

e.top has influence the techno scene as richie hawtin or laurent garnier and this is important....turkish bazar rules!!!
altered states!!!
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

I'm a great fan of Emmanuel Top. To me, Asteroid and Hawtin's Consumed are both extraordinary. I love Radio, perfect rave track.

No one has mentioned the good old Climax V1.1 and the overlooked Shotgun that sounds so different from anything I know...
Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: EMMANUEL TOP

Post by Fonque »

hotpace wrote:
Coog wrote:One of the all time best! He can build a track like no other(Hawtin maybe) and his use of dynamics is second to none. Incredible.
You are joking arent you? :?

Comparing to Hawtin! :shock:
ever heard "Lobotomie" and "Pulsions" on Novamute? pure sick madness!
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

asteroiiid...... fck...i think i gave it away to some kid...
kronvik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kronvik »

I rate Emmanuel Top very highly, some of the best tracks ever, like Acid Phase, Radio, Climax, Asteroid Mars and others.

Very few others can build a track over 10 mins plus, but keep the interest up by tweaking things as they go along.

BBE were a bit chart orientated, like the 7 days and one week epic trance track.

Respect is definitely due.

Kronvik