kalkbrenner ??

Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Okay man, I am sorry to tell you you're wrong but live pa's traditionally have always been the producers own material. Not until recently with all this ableton bullshit have people been playing other peoples tracks in their "live pa." I've been at this sh!t for over 10 years and seen 100s to thousands of live pas from legends to locals.

It's like a famous rock band playing covers of other famous rock bands. It's cheesy and should rarely if ever be done. But apparently you have heard WAAAAY too many to prove me wrong. Maybe you're listening to cheap hacks claiming to call material their own? I've seen Aril play 2 or 3 times now and he played 100% original material of his the whole set. The two sleeparchive sets I've heard are all original material as well (except for maybe famous remixes of his). Fanon Flowers is a fucking joke and samples other techno records to make his own. One of the most recent records may as well have just been called "A techno track where I sample the sh!t out of Marco Carola on Zenit, because I'm unoriginal."
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Kalk is klassic.
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:Okay man, I am sorry to tell you you're wrong but live pa's traditionally have always been the producers own material. Not until recently with all this ableton bullshit have people been playing other peoples tracks in their "live pa." I've been at this sht for over 10 years and seen 100s to thousands of live pas from legends to locals.

It's like a famous rock band playing covers of other famous rock bands. It's cheesy and should rarely if ever be done. But apparently you have heard WAAAAY too many to prove me wrong. Maybe you're listening to cheap hacks claiming to call material their own? I've seen Aril play 2 or 3 times now and he played 100% original material of his the whole set. The two sleeparchive sets I've heard are all original material as well (except for maybe famous remixes of his). Fanon Flowers is a fucking joke and samples other techno records to make his own. One of the most recent records may as well have just been called "A techno track where I sample the sht out of Marco Carola on Zenit, because I'm unoriginal."
well it seems that a lot of people use ableton lately...i heard some rumours that aril brikha played with ableton on the fuse-in festival in detroit,but it was a nice pa. i do know that 90% of the pa's are their own productions,but there are a lot exceptions today. maybe i did underestimate your experience in music and live pa's but that doesnt let you think that im some kind of a noob here (maybe only in this forum,but not in music). btw no,im not listening to cheap hacks,if you consider aril,sleeparchive,deadbeat and others as cheap hacks,its your problem,to me they rule. and fanon flowers is great shite,i dont know what are you on,especially about that marco carola thing- if he was gonna sample, why do anything by carola (apart from 7th question or avalanche)? u can correct me if im wrong (im defo not a fan of carola) but i still think that fanon does great pa's,maybe you dont like his style or smth. and yeah,ive heard a lot of sets and live pa's,both from legends and locals and i can definatly tell who is overrated,who's underrated and who's just original,constant or always up for some new stuff and exploring. still,i dont care if they play their own,or someone's else production as long as its well done.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Sorry if I come off so harsh, but seriously...I've never heard of someone complaining that a producers live pa is too much of their own material! It's just really weird to me. If you really want me to prove the Carola sampling thing to you I could put up some samples of each track fairly quickly and easily, or you could just trust me on it. Either way, I've liked stuff from FF and I don't even care if he samples, but to sample soemthing and not make it your own is very unoriginal.
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:Sorry if I come off so harsh, but seriously...I've never heard of someone complaining that a producers live pa is too much of their own material! It's just really weird to me. If you really want me to prove the Carola sampling thing to you I could put up some samples of each track fairly quickly and easily, or you could just trust me on it. Either way, I've liked stuff from FF and I don't even care if he samples, but to sample soemthing and not make it your own is very unoriginal.
lol,oh come on,forums would be boring without "fights" ;) well im not complaining about pa's,most of the pa's ive heard were excellent,weather they played their own production or not,but personally i would like if some artists played a bit more of other productions because some pa's are just repetitions of the previous ones (like aril brikha,alexander kowalski,paul kalkbrenner and others) but they're still good and can make me move my ass. i dont know about that carola thing,ill trust you on it,and i dont like unoriginal people too. i mean,why are you even bothering to produce if you dont have your own ideas? selling the same sh!t under different names i consider as a robbery,unless the tracks are remixes or smth like that. i hope you got my point this time ;)
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

For sure! Hell, this forum is no fun without talking sh!t. Tonight in town...Stewart Walker live! Hopefully he plays all his own material. ;)
Lex_Osk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lex_Osk »

you lucky bastard! :D well shave my legs and call me grandma if stewart fakes his set! 20 mixes of him on my back up says it all...i LOVE him! have fun...
Eidolon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Eidolon »

stewart walker uses ableton now. that is all.
When you meet a swordsman, meet him with a sword. Offer a poem to no one but a poet.

www.modernrecordingcompany.com