mnml newbie

Post by raggy11 »

he will kick the sh!t out of fabric tomorrow night! :!:
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

raggy11 wrote:he will kick the sht out of fabric tomorrow night! :!:
i was lucky enough to be there and he did just that! he played last so was really trippy, just how i like it! im still trying to get my head round most of the stuff he played. did you hear that dubstep/techno stuff he played right at the end? ive never heard anything like it!

one of the highlights for me was when he played his edit of ruben blades - gbdb. i nearly died when it dropped, i thought i was gonna explode :D first time id ever heard it too :shock:

heres a link of him playing it somewhere else http://youtube.com/watch?v=hSL4icnkbqs

does anyone know if it'll get released?
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

WOW what a set from Ricardo at Fabric last week... so good a friend of mine had to leave in an Ambulance! No joke!

From what i could hear the first part of his set sounded like a lot of his own custom made music designed for the Fabric soundsystem. Something similar to his Fabric 36... I wouldn't put it past the man. I had never heard anything like that set in my life, it was a pleasure even if at times i wanted to throw up it was that good.

I'm not sure if it's something to do with the soundsystem being SO GOOD but he sounded to me to play lots of tracks with no beginning, middle or end... they just seemed to escalate into weird and wonderful rythms and take on a life of their own. It truly was a weird experience hearing such a devastating set of music. Well worth missing my flight gome the next day too :D
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

Del wrote:WOW what a set from Ricardo at Fabric last week... so good a friend of mine had to leave in an Ambulance! No joke!

From what i could hear the first part of his set sounded like a lot of his own custom made music designed for the Fabric soundsystem. Something similar to his Fabric 36... I wouldn't put it past the man. I had never heard anything like that set in my life, it was a pleasure even if at times i wanted to throw up it was that good.

I'm not sure if it's something to do with the soundsystem being SO GOOD but he sounded to me to play lots of tracks with no beginning, middle or end... they just seemed to escalate into weird and wonderful rythms and take on a life of their own. It truly was a weird experience hearing such a devastating set of music. Well worth missing my flight gome the next day too :D
i agree, was really hypnotic, some of the craziest sh!t ive ever heard! completely blew my mind! haha yea i was in a pretty messy state too, but when things are getting that crazy musically, what do you expect :wink: the clocks going forward an hour didnt help with the confusion either haha. were you still there at 11 when he was playing rock music? :D
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Del wrote:he sounded to me to play lots of tracks with no beginning, middle or end... they just seemed to escalate into weird and wonderful rythms and take on a life of their own.
sounds like your typical villalobos magical fabric set to me. he's the master of non linear mixing with 2 records and a mixer (oh and maybe a sampler/cdj)

i love when he mixes at the weirdest part of a track where you jus wudnt expect it to be mixed - it all adds to head fuk :D
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Yeah, no what you mean about the mixing. Fantastic to say the least :!:

That was my third time hearing him in Fabric but the first time i heard him do the late set on his own... Had to leave before 11am unfortunately would love to have stayed.. Haha the clocks going forward did fck with peoples heads big style, myself included :D
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

one of the highlights for me was when he played his edit of ruben blades - gbdb. i nearly died when it dropped, i thought i was gonna explode first time id ever heard it too
...He played that the last time he played in fabric in September too. Im nearly sure it's just the ruben blades vocal he's using like an acapella.
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

Del wrote:...He played that the last time he played in fabric in September too. Im nearly sure it's just the ruben blades vocal he's using like an acapella.
im not so sure, the tune in that video sounds exactly the same as the one with that vocal in fabric. i suppose its possible he just played it over the same tune in fabric. you just never know with that man :D either way it sounded amazing from where i was standing! :shock:

thats the third time ive seen ricardo, first time was fabric seventh birthday(undoubtedly the best set ive ever witnessed - the bits that werent recorded were just as good if not better!!!) second time was the next day at t-bar (probably the best party ive ever been to - was free and when we arrived we'd just missed clive henry, tobi neumann was playing, then jamie jones, then matthew dear and troy pierce b2b, then ricardo and craig richards b2b!!!! :shock: best weekend of my life!) thats the first time ive ever seen ricardo play the last slot tho, id heard things get very wierd when he plays that slot in fabric so i was delighted when i got in and the girl taking peoples e-mail addresses told me he was on at 5:30 :D and sure enough he totally fucked with my head!!! :shock: the only djs that have ever fucked with my head so much that life (at least musically) could never be the same again afterwards are him and richie hawtin. very humbling to see it done that well!