Ricardo Villalobos

Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

PietroGarosi wrote:Hey I have an indiscreet question.
Villalobos is always high? Or he is a "smily" person.... I ask it cause in most of his videos he have a biig smile on his face.
Sure he is! Because how can anybody in his right mind be happy without taking drugs?! :roll:

gosh...
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
maxismall
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxismall »

Red Kite wrote:
PietroGarosi wrote:Hey I have an indiscreet question.
Villalobos is always high? Or he is a "smily" person.... I ask it cause in most of his videos he have a biig smile on his face.
Sure he is! Because how can anybody in his right mind be happy without taking drugs?! :roll:

gosh...
Thats a gothic thing to say :P
toofast
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by toofast »

A very great DJ!
Narcisse2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Narcisse2 »

http://www.ricardovillalobos.com/

Do you know what is the deal with that website. It asks for a password. Is it because it is not related to Ricardo the DJ, like a personal site for someone named ricardo villalobos ?
qsmd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by qsmd »

maxismall wrote:No matter how high he is, most of the time he know exactly where he is/what he's doing
I suspect him to 'over play' a little bit on the fuckedup attitude as a sort of game...also sometimes when you read his intws he's going deep on the spiritual aspects of DJing, frequencies, rhythms etc and i believe that although he is actually very concerned by all this, still i have the impression that he is gently taking the piss of people taking all this too seriously, in his own relaxed, latino way.
At the end of the day the guy is close to a genius to me, the unlikely descendant of disco gods like Larry Levan or Ron Hardy...
What he is doing with music, textures and rhythm is like renewing a millenary tradition of party and trance coming from ancient africans, south americans original indians etc
He should be recognized as one of the most important artists of our time, together with painters, writers, movie makers etc but he is still a stranger to many 'official' culture networks as he is acting in the shadow of the clubs, not really considered as 'serious' cultural places, and in a way it is a really positive thing as it maintains his music and attitude fresh and challenging.
Word up!
Maybe the last bit of this text isn't a thing that i would discuss, i agree with the rest of your thoughts.

His 6 hour set @ Voltt, feb 9th 2008, was just superb for me and his today's releases are still the way he wants them to be, everytime something else, but still with enough funk & drive.
emoryemlyn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by emoryemlyn »

Renton wrote:Loved Ricardo when he played Awakenings festival. Was a bit dissapointed with the appearance at Paradiso recently. Especially the combo with Richie just didn't work for me. :(
I agree, I got ahold of that set a few months ago, It's pretty tight.
raggy11
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by raggy11 »

cant wait to see him in fabric on saturday :D
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

cant wait to see him in fabric on saturday
:!: Can't wait :D