Mikkel Metal

The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Mikkel Metal

Post by The Remix »

Anyone?

Copenhagen-based electronic musician "Mikkel Metal" aka Mikkel Meldgaard. It features news, discography, livecalender, free mp3's etc. Updates will be made by the artist at least once a month.

Musical background
Musical career started some 10 years ago, playing guitar in various noise-rock bands. In the mid-nineties focus changed to electronic music, inspiration coming primarily from breakbeat music, especially drum'n'bass.

Present
For the past 3-4 years Metal's work has changed focus and now positions itself somewhere between click'n'cuts, IDM and techdub. There has been releases on various small labels with a very positive reception besides concerts in the nordic countries and germany. For more info see discography and live-section.

http://www.mikkelmetal.dk/

one of his tracks for you to listen to-->
http://www.mikkelmetal.dk/mp3/sofa.mp3
8)
I love the stuff I've heard of his-(Tracks so far)

Bio---- Mikkel Metal aka Mikkel Meldgaard was born in 1973 in Horsens, Denmark and currently lives in the Capital, Copenhagen. Mikkel completed a degree in Philosophy at the University of Copenhagen in 2001, and today works with web programming and multimedia, besides making music.

Music has ever played a big role in Mikkel's life, as he's been a guitarist in one of the earliest noise-rock bands in Aarhus, Jutland. Equally interested in the introspective sound of the British shoe gazer-scene (e.g. Ride, My Bloody Valentine) and the looser low-fi aesthetic of some American bands (e.g. Pavement, Swirlies) Mikkel was fairly active and tried out several band-constellations over a period of years. However, after developing interest in electronic music, Mikkel quickly changed his musical direction. A sampler was bought and soon he started experimenting.

The first result was a charming 7'' on the Danish label HAL9000 in 2000 , which was at the very top of the De:BugÆ magazines chart (#42). This one got followed up by further releases on the Danish label Echocord, which were very well received within the electronic scene. Parallel to this, and taking a slightly different path, Mikkel has issued work to German label Kompakt.

So far this has thrown off two 12''. Still continuing click-aesthetic and dub-influence, the beat on these works is more 4/4-based, and the production is not quite as dark and lo-fi. Mikkels release on Thinner - ôCassini Piecesö - assembles music that was produced between 2001-2003. It is a nice showcase of earlier works and his production aesthetics. It's obvious how homogenous these works are, as they all move within the same approach to electronic dub.

Especially "Solko" is not a track, it's a song that perfectly reflects Mikkels skills as songwriter. Other tracks, such as "Third" and "Abank" slowly move ahead with crisp effects and glittering delays. The Off The Sky remix of "Solko" carefully decrumbs the original song, to give it an enlightening touch with the warm pads and sonar beeps. Lufth remixes "Third" in a very melting way, where the clean original song liquidly floats by. The euphoric minimal "Pheno" is slowed down by krill.minima, who applies the wah-wah on a rather downbeaty construction. Finally, Theodor Zox warms up for his upcoming Thinner EP, by transforming the gentle "Abank" into an advanced cracking minimalhouse burner.
theremixphilly@yahoo.com

I live in the House- & Micro-House lives in me.
zzz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzz »

The Remix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The Remix »

:oops: Isabella- if ya wanna Delete this or add the bio and links part of this to the other thread-- sorry guys- Search Search Search button :oops:
theremixphilly@yahoo.com

I live in the House- & Micro-House lives in me.