Dubfire!??

docindo.dorsey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by docindo.dorsey »

the track is definitely catchy but i don't really feel he added anything to the idea of the sound.
the shadows are moving....
kruko
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kruko »

sinestro wrote:Actually, Matt Nordstromm (his engineer) has a large hand in helping him define his sound.

I wouldn't say it's all Matt, but Matt has been into Minimal for a long time and early Yoshitoshi had a minimal flavor to it.
It's probably 90% Matt. It's the same story like with Martin Buttrich and Timo Mass, or Martin Buttrich and Loco Dice; they stopped making records when he started releasing his own music.
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

I remember the Deep Dish essential mix from 1998...last hour is techno from labels such as Primate...so making & playing decent dance music is nothing new for Dubfire at least. Just had a shocker inbetween musically (imo) with plodding 'progressive' house.
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

The Dubfire CD on Mixmag was pretty poor; proggy and uninteresting - too much like his old style (tho Snapdragon is a class tune).
But his recent releases "Emissions" and the "Spastik" remix have been absolutely wicked, and got me waiting for more new productions!
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

i don't get the whole dubfire thing - sounds commercial to me. hawtin has been in woeful form pretty much all of 2007 and him constantly playing the dubfire remix of spastik etc has jus summed it up for me. you just cannot/should not remix spastik!!

i love hawtin but havnt enjoyed his sound over last year so ive given him a rest.
motf_118
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by motf_118 »

within this genre i dont think dubfire has anything to offer!
marketiello
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by marketiello »

minimal is getting commercial my friends...i'm very sad about that!!
drop acid not bombs
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

The SpaceBird remix is absolutely one of the best tracks of 2007! Great producer!