Field report: Pheek

stinger
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stinger »

Pheek(with off the sky) live-act @ Mutek was a bit simple. But effective on the dancefloor.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Pheek(with off the sky) live-act @ Mutek was a bit simple. [/code]
lol

what was simple about it?
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

stinger wrote:Pheek(with off the sky) live-act @ Mutek was a bit simple. But effective on the dancefloor.

SO -- In a 'simplistic' sense, you mean the set was perfectly balanced -- beautifully minimalistic as heard by their consistent and strategically placed sampling?

In that sense -- i think they have done their job -- and have done it right! :)

Killer job to the boys.
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Zsa Zsa wrote:
stinger wrote:Pheek(with off the sky) live-act @ Mutek was a bit simple. But effective on the dancefloor.

SO -- In a 'simplistic' sense, you mean the set was perfectly balanced -- beautifully minimalistic as heard by their consistent and strategically placed sampling?

In that sense -- i think they have done their job -- and have done it right! :)

Killer job to the boys.
thanks Suz 8)
stinger
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stinger »

I had more expectations of it. I have no knowledge about hardware etc but it sounded to ME as cheesy looping, bassline, snare that's it. And that sounds you used was more of the same.

Don't get me wrong i was looking forward to your Live but i heard likes like Melchior Productions, Pan Tone, Bruno Pronsato and most of all Galoppierende Zuversicht! And that was great and variated!

It's just my humbel opinion and i will give it a second chance in october.

Regards
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

stinger wrote:Pan Tone
well, I didn't see pheek & offthesky's set (had to leave after the picnic), but pantone's set was one of my biggest disappointment at mutek!!!!!!!! talking about simplistic looping, I don't know how you can say it had variations all the time :?:
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

stinger wrote:I had more expectations of it. I have no knowledge about hardware etc but it sounded to ME as cheesy looping, bassline, snare that's it. And that sounds you used was more of the same.

Don't get me wrong i was looking forward to your Live but i heard likes like Melchior Productions, Pan Tone, Bruno Pronsato and most of all Galoppierende Zuversicht! And that was great and variated!

It's just my humbel opinion and i will give it a second chance in october.

Regards
Second chance? What are you talking about? :roll:

I don't need to prove you something, I just play my music and if you don't like it, well, you don't like. It's a matter of tastes. I don't believe into music where you need to show off anything, I really think you need to PLAY and have fun.

Honestly, if you thought there wasn't much happening, maybe that's because you didn't pay attention to the micro-percussions going random or noticed there was constant subtle variations in textures (and there was, with 2 laptops running way too much FX). And yes, it's kinda normal to have loops in minimal... no?

Anyway, I don't even know why I'm answering you... I'm sorry to say that but your message is not constructive feedback and I wouldn't want to start a flame thread or something. If there's anything you wish to discuss, PM me but if you feel like thrashing me down, that's also your call.

p.
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

pheek wrote:Anyway, I don't even know why I'm answering you...
word.....