Field report: Pheek

Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

stinger wrote:I had more expectations of it. I have no knowledge about hardware etc but it sounded to ME as cheesy looping, bassline, snare that's it. And that sounds you used was more of the same.

Don't get me wrong i was looking forward to your Live but i heard likes like Melchior Productions, Pan Tone, Bruno Pronsato and most of all Galoppierende Zuversicht! And that was great and variated!

It's just my humbel opinion and i will give it a second chance in october.

Regards
Its cool to provide one's opinion -- but insulting an artist based on one's perception, is offensive.

To each their own -- we don't all have to like what's put out by an artist -- but there is some level of respect that should be given for their efforts and for even being invited to play at a reputable event, such as Mutek.
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

not that I like to get into this sort of thing, but in my honest opinion, I thought Pheeks and Off the sky. was great!
And although I love Melchior I actually thought his set was linear. When comparing it to this.
Seriously, you loose frequency in a big open room and alot of the clicks and variations you may not hear. But they are there and who said Minimal had to have a formula? God forbid everybody stick to that.

If you don't like it you don't like it. But over analyzing an artists work and then comparing it to say others. You disrespect it. Minimal is called this for a reason no?. There was alot of abstract and very ambient music this year..and although its not my tatses..I still respect them for getting up there and facing the critics. Maybe some should do the same.
-Layborn-
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

hmmm... I can't see the dis-respecting here. The guy is just telling that he was expecting more, and then describing what he think the music was like. I think it's a bit harsc to answer him like that actually, I mean, he has the right to have his opinion even though it's not a positive one.

:)
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

patrick bateman wrote:hmmm... I can't see the dis-respecting here. The guy is just telling that he was expecting more, and then describing what he think the music was like. I think it's a bit harsc to answer him like that actually, I mean, he has the right to have his opinion even though it's not a positive one.

I guess when an individual calls someone's hard work "cheesy" -- it may be taken as an insult. ;)

K nuff of this -- lets all drink and make up ;)
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
Layborn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Layborn »

I'll drink to that..
*gulp*
-Layborn-
stinger
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stinger »

pheek wrote:
stinger wrote:I had more expectations of it. I have no knowledge about hardware etc but it sounded to ME as cheesy looping, bassline, snare that's it. And that sounds you used was more of the same.

Don't get me wrong i was looking forward to your Live but i heard likes like Melchior Productions, Pan Tone, Bruno Pronsato and most of all Galoppierende Zuversicht! And that was great and variated!

It's just my humbel opinion and i will give it a second chance in october.

Regards
Second chance? What are you talking about? :roll:

I don't need to prove you something, I just play my music and if you don't like it, well, you don't like. It's a matter of tastes. I don't believe into music where you need to show off anything, I really think you need to PLAY and have fun.

Honestly, if you thought there wasn't much happening, maybe that's because you didn't pay attention to the micro-percussions going random or noticed there was constant subtle variations in textures (and there was, with 2 laptops running way too much FX). And yes, it's kinda normal to have loops in minimal... no?

Anyway, I don't even know why I'm answering you... I'm sorry to say that but your message is not constructive feedback and I wouldn't want to start a flame thread or something. If there's anything you wish to discuss, PM me but if you feel like thrashing me down, that's also your call.

p.
Well i can see you feel very attacked about my "humbel" opinion. I'm not trashing you down. Besides everykind of feedback is good then you stay sharp. What if sometimes you personally find that your Live sucked and people are telling you great, and aaaaaaaa's and ooooo's would you find that nice? I just didn't feel the warmth in your live and i find it staying on one line. Maybe it's not good to compare with the other lives. Let's rest this because this wasn't my meaning of the post...

Yes second change for ME personally and then we drink a beer and bury the tomahawk :wink: if you still want to :roll:
Cans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cans »

Feedback is feedback whether good or bad - at no time will everyone agree with the music or even remotely like it. Who cares.
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

Cans wrote:Feedback is feedback whether good or bad - at no time will everyone agree with the music or even remotely like it. Who cares.
then have a bloody drink like the rest of us.

this thread is dead... !