mnml admn
mnml admn

Lucien–N–Luciano

Post by -ix »

Lucien–N–Luciano

a.k.a.:
Lucien Nicolet, Luciano, Nicol Et Lucien, part of Monne Automne

bio:

Lucien Nicolet AKA Lucien–N–Luciano has DJ’ed from the tender age of 15 and has been producing music since 1997. In the mid-90's, he began promoting Sense Club and Encuentros con la Technocultura in Santiago de Chile in the company of many initiators of the Latin American electronic music scene: Senor Coconut AKA Atom Heart, Ricardo Villalobos, Dandy Jack and brother Adrian Schopf.
Lucien, having played radio stations and DJed at clubs and events across Latin America, Germany, Spain & Holland; finally settled in Switzerland in 2000 to release on Mental Groove Records in Geneva, where he also holds a residency at the Weetamix club.

Lucien’s mixed Swiss & Chilean identity is evident in his music, which portrays a mystical blend of deep techno & electro that integrates strong southern elements in it’s rhythms.
As of late, Lucien has been quietly building a name for himself with those in the know, with a string of sought after releases on some of the world’s most cutting edge labels, such as Transmat, Perlon, Lo-Fi Stereo, Bruchstuecke and Klang Elektronik.

2004 is set to be a busy year for Lucien-N-Luciano with his forthcoming album "Blind Behavour" on Peacefrog, preceded by the "Alain Brito" 12". Lucien will also be gracing the more discerning dancefloors across Europe and South America bringing his own breed of fresh minimal techno to those who need it most.

releases:

Future Senses EP, 12" (Klang Elektronik)
Alain Brito, 12" (Peacefrog)
Stone Age / Amael, 12" (Cadenza)
Blind Behaviour, 12"/CD (Peacefrog)

source: http://peacefrog.com
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

Saw him a few months ago @ Voltt in Amsterdam... Awesome set! I'm looking forward to his performance this saturday! Also have a few records @ home but I'm not sure which ones...
*I support southern fruits*
Blip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Blip »

what a dude!! hopefully going to book him for sunny birmingham. his cadenza label rocks!
clickclick-bleepy-clickclick-bleepyblip
dirty
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dirty »

Def a fave of mine, saw him at Fabric and Stealth recently. Totally rocked, so much energy... can't wait to see him in the UK again.
wipwap
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wipwap »

He rocked @ Awakeningsfestival!!! Freaky noises above wobbling beats,
just great... Prefer him live than his releases recently. Also with Ricardo at the after at the Mazzo. They were a little bit too much fucked up, but still they had some very good records in store.. A freak'n good weekend.
wipwapwartaal
hans
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hans »

I was impressed by his album and his performance at Static Dancin' in Brusssels. The musical approach is different, but the result is and was always fantastic
there are no secrets, only hidden answers
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

I heard this guy do a liveset several times and i can tell you it is awesome. Problem is that the liveset most times is the same. sure there are little differnces but you wouldn't be able to tell wich one was where. As DJ luciano is very good. I heard him spin 3 times together with villalobos now and in my opninion luciano is the better of the two. Sure Villalobos is good but luciano really makes me dancing.
sandrookie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sandrookie »

cant't wait to see him at 10days this year.

the online set (live @ globes) sounds really nice.