Marc Antona [Freak 'n' Chic / Micro Fibres]

e99
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Marc Antona [Freak 'n' Chic / Micro Fibres]

Post by e99 »

Freak 'n' Chic and Micro-Fibres producer Marc Antona is bringing his mesmerising live show to London this Saturday 30th March for Wax - a new 8-part celebration of DJing, VJing and art at The Shoreditch Warehouse that runs throughout the summer months. We grabbed a quick Q&A with him...

Do you remember the first time you heard electronic music?

Yeah, early ‘90s in French rave.

What was your first rave or club event like? Were you instantly hooked?

Definitely, but was involved in heavy studies at the time so I had to wait few years to really enjoy it.

What attracts you to minimal music?

I like many genres, minimal is just a part of my test. Basically I like the efficiency of the minimal sound, and its spiritual roots.

How did you first meet the Freak ‘n’ Chic crew?

Freak ‘n’ Chic do monthly parties on Sunday in theatre in the heart of Paris. I was going there to party and met the crew. They adopted me right away, Dan Ghenacia and I just put a sub label together Micro – Fibres, only 2 releases so far but we are topping chart on Beatport already. I can only feel happy…

How is Paris right now in terms of dance music culture? Is it a very underground thing still?

It’s all about the underground. Keep thing very creative and interesting…

What are young people in France listening to these days?

Freak n Chic ;-)

You recently played at the opening party of We Love Sundays....at Space in Ibiza. How was the experience for you?

I played the opening of Space, and it was just amazing.

Which other dates are you playing their over the summer, and do you know who you will be playing alongside?

I will be playing 2 dates at We Love Space Sundays. With the like of Tiefschwarz, Jeff Mills and my label mates Terry, and Shonky. We are also doing Freak ‘n’ Chic every Sundays in Las Dalias in Ibiza, a garden party. The place is amazing, real open air… Ibiza as it should be done.

You are back in London on June 30th for the launch of a new party called Wax, which combines DJs and VJs with visual installations and art. Would you like to see more parties like this which try and do something a bit different?

Definitely, I am very excited to do it, and honoured that Richard Smith, the promoter of many great events in London, thought about me for this gig.

Your label mate Shonky will be joining you at Wax. How would you say that your sound and style as DJs differs?

Well I do live, he does DJ set. Our sound is different but we always meet at some point, either in the booth or in the early hours of the morning…

You can buy tickets for Wax, featuring Shonky, Marc Antona LIVE and Tim Paris here:
http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region ... ent=225076

[URLwww.marcantona.com[/URL]
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i liek the latest Xtension ep! nice sh!t!