akiko kiyama

sylvie.foret
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

akiko kiyama

Post by sylvie.foret »

holy f.u.c.k.

i've been cultivating my appreciation for some time, but the safari electronique release really showed me what she's made of.

that track, juniper--it hurt me.
roy.alexis
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by roy.alexis »

nice indeed. she's awwsum :!:
A/V
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by A/V »

just discovered her the other day..seriously so awesome. cant wait for more!
AbstraKt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by AbstraKt »

http://akikokiyama.com
http://www.myspace.com/akikokiyama
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Akiko+Kiyama

Akiko was born in Tokyo,JAPAN, 1982. She has been surrounded by classical music education since she was a young girl. At the age of 14, she was absorbed in Drum'N'Bass that was occurring in London at the time, and it was then that she made a commitment to club music, to pursue and evolve with the ever changing sound of techno.

She started to create her own tracks with a laptop since 2002 and has been performing at many of the clubs in Tokyo with artists locally and from abroad.

She has been releasing tracks for some time now, her original track was picked for the compilation "Newsdays" EP from Sud Electronic in July 2004. Also her first solo EP "Dimension", released on Sud Electronic in October 2004, which got great reviews by top world class DJ's. In November 2005, her track on Contexterrior, was selected by Richie Hawtin in his well received mix "DE9 Transitions".

Her sound twist and turns and surprises you at every listen, they have the strangest way of creeping up on you, then finally enveloping you into Akiko's world. This year she will be moving to Berlin to follow through with her commitment to dance music and to develop her style further, what better place to do so. She also has several solo EP's coming out in 07 on a few reputable labels such as Safari, District of Corruption, Revolver, Thema and more on Contexterrior.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
- Plato -

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. "
-Denis Diderot-
peter glitch and crackle
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by peter glitch and crackle »

check out her new one on contexterrior! i got the promo and it is just plain evil! really dark scary dancefloor sounds! a big fan of akiko in the moment.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

i saw her live pa in tokyo a few weeks ago. really dope
oblak_21
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by oblak_21 »

i like her :)
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Good stuff so far. I thought she had the standout remix on the last Revolver release too.