Santi Xpansul

betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Santi Xpansul

Post by betzy »

welcome!
a Plus8 artist needs no introductions...
Massi_DL
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Massi_DL »

his stuff rocks always!!! always!
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

you could atleast copy paste an bio of him, right? :)
MINIBUS
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MINIBUS »

XPANSUL - no words - just XPANSUL
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

thomasjaldemark wrote:you could atleast copy paste an bio of him, right? :)
right right right :wink:

bio infos taken from http://www.m-nus.com/data.pl?artist=Xpansul
and from his Artist Website: www.myspace.com/xpansul

Also Known As: Santiago Ferrer
Santiago Ferrer, also known as SANTI XPANSUL, started djing in 1993. Since then, he has played in most of the biggest clubs and festivals all over Spain. After 7 years as a resident of Madrids pioneer techno club Soma Experimental Club Santi is now resident at Madrids leading techno and electro club Coppelia 101

Regarding music styles, we could say that Santi Xpansul has played almost all of them, its been more than ten years behind the decks now, but techno is the most important in his career. Nowadays, his sets are a journey through electronic dance music, in which the axis Detroit-Chicago-Berlin-Cologne is the driver and all his different influences are the passengers.

Since 1998, Santi starts writing and producing music as well, and has already released in labels such as Plus8, TrueSoul, Isoghi, Audiodrome, Random Dynamics, Software, Hardware, Options, Syl.Label, Complex, SoundPlant, Tranquilo, Grauertag, MSX, Discos De Lata, Sindicato...

In 2003 Xpansul starts his own labels Discos De Lata and MSX manged along Daweed and Miguel Mendoza respectively, which has taken him to a solid position as a producer and label manager on an international level, thanks to the success achieved by his releases on this labels and other releases on Software Records, Sindicato Records and Random Dynamics.

And it was back then when Xpansul met well respected producer Alexi Delano and they started a series of collaborations, both original tracks and remixes, that have been put out on labels such as Plus 8, Truesoul, Frankie Recs and Leftroom, taking Xpansul one step ahead in his already promising career.

His tracks have been supported by some of the most influential Djs of the international scene, being played and appearing in charts of artists such as Richie Hawtin, Magda, Troy Pierce, Joel Mull, Alexi Delano, Adam Beyer, Paco Osuna, Davide Squillace, Tadeo, Miss Kittin, Jaumëtic, John Dahlbäck, Djinxx, Oliver Lieb, Marco Carola, Ángel Molina, Laurent Garnier, Leandro Gámez, Dj Hell, Fabrice Lig, Jori Hulkkonnen, James Holden, Tiga, ...

Xpansul is now preparing his Live PA set as a new challenge for the new times to come in order to transmit his personal view of realtime creation and performing. Using new and old tools such as laptop, controller and analogue synths Xpansul will recreate his working process in the studio in front of the crowd. Available from May 2007

More music by Xpansul will soon be released on Leftroom, Is This A Label?, Immigrant, Pariter, Apnea... Stay tuned!!
Jose Cabrera
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jose Cabrera »

techno anthem from madrid. Has been a big influence to me, not only as producer, also as dj...Wonderfull person aswell.
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

Jose Cabrera wrote:techno anthem from madrid. Has been a big influence to me, not only as producer, also as dj...Wonderfull person aswell.
as dj is really good, we had a lot of fun @ Fabbrika Club :D
amazing technique, going on knobs like a machine :shock:
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

we just had his partner in crime Delano over here in Belgium, I hope this one will come around soon as well, I'm curious to hear what he sounds like as a dj or live even. Great stuff, not always my taste but he has a reserved spot in my record case for sure :)