S-Max

v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

S-Max

Post by v404 »

Man, I'm totally in love with all of his stuff. In fact, all of the stuff on Boogizm is great. But S-Max's stuff in particular is right up my alley. I really dig his electro stuff too. Very Paradroid-ish. Bleepy-bumpy-funky sh!t. Out of this world!!

Awesome!

boogizm.net
Last edited by v404 on Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeThomas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JoeThomas »

One of my all time favorite producers. No matter how futuristic and experimental he goes with certain sounds he retains the old school ghetto style. Which I think is seriously awesome.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

yeah, between him and paradroid I'm hard pressed to find better electro. overall, over-x has been on point since it gave itself the revamp. the superlauncher sh!t is rediculously good too.

I'm looking forward to the next boogizm being that its a paradroid single.
JoeThomas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JoeThomas »

Yeah I just ordered the new paradroid a few days ago. Really looking forward to playing it. He's got several releases including an album coming out soon. A few months ago I dug out Below 01 S-Max- Pure Science of the Mind. Kind of old and detroit sounding. The more i play it now the more I think it might be my favorite ep of his. Applied Subsonic Liberation is serious heat.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

yeah, i love that record. where did you find the new paradroid record?
JoeThomas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JoeThomas »

I think juno had some advance copies because I ordered it Saturday night and they no longer had any in stock the next day.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Damn You!!! I'm just kidding. You seem like a good guy. I think you & I have a lot in common style-wise.

Regarding S-Max, I'm as big of a fan as you are. So obviously, I'm trying to complete my collection. The only things of his (that I know of) that I'm missing are the 10" on Defect & his remix of Ectomorph. Do you have them?

Also, how do you pronounce his name. Is it smax, all together or do you say it more like S. Max, stating the letter S and Max.

These are the stupid things I think about.
JoeThomas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JoeThomas »

I have everything he has ever released other than the remix he did of Lee anderson (aka peter grummich) on braintist which has only been a matter of getting off my ass and buying it I'm pretty sure I could locate a copy no problem. The science city remix is good and I highly recommend the entire release it's nasty sh!t the whole way through. Really the 10" on Defect isn't my favorite of his but it's very different so I'd say it's worth hunting down for the novelty factor. I will also recommend the Sandbenders release on defect if you like weirdo late 90's electro....I guess it depends on how much you collect vs how much you buy for strictly DJing.

I failed to mention earlier that I think Please Wake Me For Meals might be one of my all time favorite tracks ever. It rips the dancefloor every time. Nuke that Level is such a nasty release on the whole.

Oh yeah I've always said it S Max as in two syllables. I've wondered about the name s-max as his real name is Manfred.