S-Max

v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

hmm. Thats good to know. I have the Lee Anderson one. Its OK. But I actually play the other side more even though its a little flammy. I'd compare the S-max remix to the Empty Beach record in that its not bad but its nothing spectacular either. For S-max at least. Where would you recommend I look for the Science City & Defect records?
JoeThomas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JoeThomas »

Depends....maybe formic.de. Mostly an electro shoppe but they specialize in a lot of older back catalog techno/electro and classics. If not there, ususally someone has a copy on gemm.com. A lot of times people don't list everything accurately though so I think the secret to gemm is trying a multitude of keywords until you come up with the result you're looking for. Speaking of Science City they just reissued an old ep of Klystron that is slamming.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

yeah I saw that. Looks good. Though Science City is kinda hit or miss for me. The samples of what I've heard of the Variations record are great though. I'll try formic. I usually try to avoid gemm but you're right about what you were saying. I do that on ebay too.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Actually, I lied. I'm missing one other S-Max track that I sorely need. I don't even know how I forgot because its one that I want for many different reasons but its the first When We Were Things EP on Ibi's Semi-Automatic label. Honestly, other than the first release (Kabuki), I haven't been able to track any Semi-Automatic down. Formic didn't have the first one and thats the one w/ the S-max track. For the record, it also has a fym, m forshaw, ibi, & rotorik track on it so its a must have for me. You?
RussC
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by RussC »

he really needs to get his butt over to north america!
JoeThomas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JoeThomas »

You're right about the Semi- Automatic stuff. I've had difficulty finding a lot of it. It took me like two years to find Rotorik- Core Logic Solutions. Then when I did find it, it got repressed and was on planetx like seriously a week later. I wanted to break something when I saw that. haha. The techno gods were having a laugh at my expense.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Strangely, I managed all the automatic releases but the Semi stuff evades me entirely. I haven't even heard it.
JoeThomas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JoeThomas »

yeah you're right that rotorik record is on automatic I just went and looked at it. Does Ibrahim Alfa have contact information? Perhaps he knows how to get the stuff although I think Possible Music distributes Semi-Automatic (I'm not 100% sure of that though) and I've noticed they don't make much of an effort to distribute stuff to the US. I also spoke too soon I don't have 'when we were things 1' either. Hmmmm.