NarodNiki*

primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: sonar

Post by primevil »

le K wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote:Narod Niki @ Sonar was simply incredible. The room was filled with an enthusiast crowd ! As long as we are talking music, this has been the best live act I have ever seen/heard in my whole life !

It was awesome !

Richie and Ricardo took turns on the main mixers

Cool to see some keyboards, MPC and drum machines on the tables too.
wasn't so good as you tell it for me...First hour was really boring,but better and better after.
Anyway it was good to see all this talents together :
The best live you 've ever seen? Really? You should go to party more often mate ;)
i was there also and to be honest...i did find it very inspiring. in terms of 'rocking' the party...yes it didnt quite work but i just liked the concept of it and it was one of those events that the more i think back to it, the more i'm intregued/amazed at what i actually experienced. i'd love to see a mega long set from Niki at some point....you just get the feeling that with the experienece and talent in the line up between them all they could flip the switch at any point and tear the roof off without even trying. sonar was more experimental and restrained which was cool imo....

thats also the best ive seen richie in a while....he really looked like he was having to think carefully about what he was doing and was pushing himself more....and the stuff he was playing was deeeeeeeeep!
mohson_iqbal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mohson_iqbal »

i have listened to about three other NarodNiki mixes MUTEK and in parts they have sounded very aggressive and hard, not to strucftured in parts however at Sonar 07 i heard a real groove which wasnt to cluttered or rushed, less is more in some cases. MAurizio seemed to add to this air i could see warming up on stage i was actually dancing not just nodding my head, i can se why people did not seem to pleased with it, it seems to be down to preference!! lets hope they do a London gig soon.
mohson_iqbal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mohson_iqbal »

What are peoples preferred NArodNiki line up???
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spideresistance »

i was at sonar and it was my first and only narod niki. found it a little bit lacking in some ways... some of my friend that were there with me had the chance to see the show of last year at Montreaux Jazz Festival, too and they told me it was 1000 times better than the show of this year @ sonar... this was simply due to the fact that at montreaux jazz festival it was the first and only time that Master Carl Craig joined the group, with his extremely good skillz as LIVE PERFORMER, playing with his moog on the fly... I'm sorry for all the others but they are simply electronic music programmers. that makes the difference.
Last edited by spideresistance on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

spideresistance wrote:i was at sonar and it was my first and only narod niki. found it a little bit lacking in some ways... some of my friend that were there with me had the chance to see the show of last year at Montreaux Jazz Festival, too and they told me it was 1000 times better than the show of this year @ sonar... this was simply due to the fact that at montreaux jazz festival it was the first and only time that Master Carl Craig joined the group, with his extremely good skillz as LIVE PERFORMER, playing with his moog on the fly... I'm sorry for all the others but they are simply electronic music programmers. that makes the difference.
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

sorry for the double post
Narcisse2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Narcisse2 »

le K wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote:Narod Niki @ Sonar was simply incredible. The room was filled with an enthusiast crowd ! As long as we are talking music, this has been the best live act I have ever seen/heard in my whole life !

It was awesome !

wasn't so good as you tell it for me...First hour was really boring,but better and better after.
The best live you 've ever seen? Really? You should go to party more often mate ;)
I thought the first hour was very interesting, musically. Depends on your tastes I guess

And...ya...8 minimal genuises, big room, awesome music....it was really an incredible live act....musically

but thank you for sharing....lol @ you
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Narcisse2 wrote:
le K wrote:

It was awesome !

I thought the first hour was very interesting, musically. Depends on your tastes I guess

And...ya...8 minimal genuises, big room, awesome music....it was really an incredible live act....musically

but thank you for sharing....lol @ you
It's funny because Le K live @ delete was the best live set i've ever seen.